What's new

!!! wonka widescreen dvd !!! - NOT A HOAX! ARRIVING 11/13! (1 Viewer)

Steve Felix

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Steve Felix
Travis: I was hoping you had a new plan. :)
Can't help but giggle at how this is shaking out. The discussion of the VHS release and other details that we the targets of this prank wouldn't care about were what made this convincing... and I still can't quite believe it's fake. Ron... we await the results of your investigation.
About the dates... the only odd thing I see is in the first paragraph... it says "on August 28th," then goes on to say "this special blah-blah will be available on November 13th..."
------------------
"We're trying to make a movie here, not a film!"

JerryW

Supporting Actor
Woohoo!!
Now, we need to put the screws to them over Bakshi's LOTR...
Edit: I still have faith that it's true.
------------------
"But you have to remember that a worm, with very few exceptions, is not a human being." - Freddy
[Edited last by JerryW on August 23, 2001 at 10:47 PM]

Steve Felix

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Steve Felix
And we wait for that difficult moment of realization...
Perhaps the thread title should be changed to avoid the emotional rollercoaster.
Edit: Me too.
[Edited last by Steve Felix on August 23, 2001 at 11:04 PM]

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
Well the only erroneous dates would be non-Tuesdays. But as far as I can tell Nov. 13 is a Tuesday, so I don't know what it refers to.
I guess we'll just have to wait & see.
------------------
13-time NBA world champion Lakers: 1949, 1950, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1972, 1980, 1982, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2001

SteveMc

Stunt Coordinator
I am almost ashamed to admit it, but I haven't even seen the movie...well, parts of it at least, and it wasn't until I was older. But I will be picking up this special edition. How a movie with chocolate waterfalls didn't make the AFI 100 I'll never know
yum.gif
Hmmm...think i'm gonna go buy some gobstoppers out of the vending machine
biggrin.gif

Congrats everyone, and huge thank you to Warner.
Now what are the chances of getting a keep case instead of a snapper?
------------------
Crash
"I don't even own a gun, let alone many guns that would necessitate an entire rack."
Help us get the Friday the 13th films-UNCUT. Click Here or here

Phong

Agent
I just got home to news of this supposed fake.
Here is what I know:
  • I received an email, appearing to be from Josh Sabarra (Manager of Publicity, WHV). The email was sent to an email address of mine which I have not provided here on HTF or on DVDTalk, nor on the petition. The only place I had this email address was on the cover letter of the petition I sent in. Somebody would have had to search to find this address.
  • Included in the email was the press release Word document, which is the one I linked to on my web site.
  • In addition, my brother said that I got a phone call today while I was at work. He said it was "Josh at Warner Bros." and the person gave the same number that is listed on the press release. Again, I included my phone number only on the cover letter I sent with the petition.
That's the scoop from me. I called the number included, and I got an answering machine for Josh Sabarra. I said I'd call back tomorrow morning or he could.
I'm sorry to get peoples' hopes up if it was a hoax-- I was more excited than anyone about it! Hopefully tomorrow things will smooth out. I will keep everybody updated from my side.

Justin Lane

Senior HTF Member
Weird. Why does the release for the widescreen version say join the crew of the movie on August 28th then proceed to say it will be released on Nov. 13th.
Anyone could have made that release, but I hope it is true.
Phong, question: Was the e-mail of this Josh fellow actually a WHV domain address, or was it from an alternate e-mail source?
J

Phong

Agent
Well, to update. Here are the message headers from the email I receieved. I hate to say it, but they smell kind of fishy.
----
edited to delete headers. Not a hoax!
[Edited last by Phong on August 24, 2001 at 11:48 AM]

Phong

Agent
Regarding the Aug 28/Nov 13 date in the first paragraph, I noticed that as well. That was the only strange thing I saw.

Justin Lane

Senior HTF Member
I know Phong wrote a letter to Warner, but does anyone else think it is strange he received a press release before any other sites on the internet/press?
You would think Warner would send a release here to the HTF or to one of the review sites who bashed them to generate good press more quickly.
I wonder if Ron can check with one of his sources to validate this release.
J

Antonio_M

Stunt Coordinator
To be honest, if a member gathered such a strong petition rally like Phong did, if I was a studio, he'll get notice first than anybody else. :D:

todd s

Senior HTF Member
God, I hope this isn't a hoax. Hopefully, we will hear from some other sources soon. Take about an emotional rollercoaster. DVDTalk is saying that they spoke to someone at Warner re:Cats & Dogs being widescreen in addition to pan & scam. I wonder if this is true also?

TimSniffin

Stunt Coordinator
DVD File is now reporting that this is a hoax. They contacted Warner Bros., and got the same answer--that they are still considering it, but have not made a final decision yet.
Edit: grammar
[Edited last by TimSniffin on August 24, 2001 at 12:01 AM]

John Torrez

Second Unit
Umm guys, I think there's something missing. Where's the mention of Cats & Dogs being in both widescreen and full frame?
------------------
"They're all gonna laugh at you!"

Roger Mathus

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Roger Mathus
This is very strange. Laser's Edge is very carful only to post upcoming titles after they receive official press release. If it is a fake, I wonder if they also received it. I know the guys there and they do not post titles based upn info from another web site.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks