What's new

"Wonders of the world DVD's" (1 Viewer)

Hello,

My dad just bought his new TV and I was wondering if you could suggest DVD's. He's interested in movies / documentaries about nature and wildlife, about people living in other countries, about animals, the kind of stuff you would see on National Geographic or Discovery channel.

I've already bought "Baraka" for him and he enjoyed it a lot, altough he would prefer with dialogue or a storyline instead of just images.

I was thinking about:

Winged Migration
Coral Reef Adventure
Galapagos (Imax)

Are there some best sellers in that category?? If the movie had really good picture quality it would be a plus (to enjoy the new TV)

Thanks,

François

Joshua Lane

Second Unit
Anything by David Attenborough would be perfect (and wonderful to watch)...

Blue Planet
Life of Birds
Life of Mammals
Living Planet

...Living Planet is quite a bit older (early 80's maybe?) than the other sets, but still decent. Out of all of them though, I've yet to see another nature documentary done as wonderfuly and amazingly as Life of Mammals. It's an astounding piece of work.

Also, since you mentioned National Geographic, there's a 4-disc set on Africa that is supposed to be quite good. I haven't seen it yet, but it's very high on my "to buy" list.

Terry St

Second Unit

There is only a very small ammount of narration in this film. Mostly it is music and images.

Also, if you're willing to go into fictional movies with a National Geographic theme, check out "The Gods Must Be Crazy".

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks