Wonderfalls comes to DVD on december 7th, 2004!

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Eddy-C, Jun 20, 2004.

1. Firebee

Firebee Supporting Actor

Glad to hear this. I blind bought this set on the cheap from Amazon last year, but have yet to work my way around to it. Blame that on Buffy, Charmed, X-Files and Star Trek: TNG among other sets that I own. *Sigh*

2. Scott-S

Scott-S Cinematographer
    Supporter

Scott
    I agree. It was a very good show. Fox has a bad record of not giving shows long enough to gain an audience.

3. TravisR

TravisR Studio Mogul

I love Wonderfalls but if Fox let it run until the end of time, I don't think it would have gained an audience. It's a great show but it's just not what the average viewer is into.

4. LarryH

LarryH Supporting Actor

The best recommendation you could give for Wonderfalls!

Anyhow, I liked it and bought the set.

5. Will_B

Will_B Producer

Oh I dunno, that other show about God talking to a girl did a season or two, didn't it? Joan of Arcadia or something? And even Dead Like Me, which felt similar to Wonderfalls, lasted two seasons. But Fox kills its young.

6. Marty M

Marty M Cinematographer

Another show that fits in that category from Fox was Keen Eddie. My wife and I watched this show and knew it wouldn't connect with the "average viewer". We loved the show and are proud to NOT be one of the average viewers.

Thanks to admins for moving my post to this thread. I will try to do a better job of searching before I start another thread.

7. Adam Lenhardt

Adam Lenhardt Executive Producer

I watched the original four or five episodes when they aired on Fox back in '04, and just burned through the whole series on DVD through Netflix the last couple weeks. The last episode left me yearning for more "Wonderfalls". Unlike other great shows killed early, I don't even know if I'd want a follow-up series. The character of Jaye Tyler was fundamentally a mid-twenties character. Seeing her in the same place at 33 would undermine the arc of the show and feel pretty depressing.