What's new

Wonderfalls cancelled? (1 Viewer)

Robert Ringwald

Senior HTF Member

Absolutely not. It has to do with the fact that every year NUMEROUS shows with fantastic writing/directing are cancelled or not even given a chance, while crap seems to really be flourishing...

Jeff Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
I just saw a commercial for this show yesterday, after reading about it being cancelled here. Why are they still advertising a show that has been cancelled?

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey

Our paper had an article about this in this mornings edition. It said something to the effect that now that this is gone we will be getting more shows like "The Swan," and The Apprentice. That to me is enough to think that it reflects poorly on our culture and well being.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I'm not interest in reality shows. But I'm not convinced that the public's choice of shows about people working really hard to achieve goals over a show about an apathetic, ego-centric girl reflects poorly on society. Perhaps just the opposite. :)

The Seinfeld comparison may be apt. Perhaps if Wonderfalls had been given time it would have developed a more robust audience.

David_Blackwell

Screenwriter
I read that Global (a network channel in Canada that airs some FOX shows with other American broadcast shows) is considering to pick up the rights to air the other 9 episodes since Wonderfalls did quite well in the ratings up in Canada.

Be Seeing You.
David Blackwell

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey

The whole show was about how events changed this girl but since it was cancelled 4 episodes in we won't be able to see that transformation.
I think some people are used to an automatic transformation by shows end or a character that doesn't evolve at all. This definitely wasn't that show.

Robert Ringwald

Senior HTF Member
Eating bugs is working hard to achieve a goal...?

What about guessing if a guy's gay or straight?

The show was about a self-centered girl who kind of grows because of the events that happened to her. But I think that might have scared a lot of people off, people wanted the average show... where everything is solved in 30 minutes, and the moral is clearly stated at the end... with cheerful music...

Michael St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
I still watch Survivor and Amazing Race, but I don't watch any other reality network television and I don't plan on it.

No bachelor/bachelorette shows.
No millionaire/midget shows.
No eating gross stuff.
No Donald Trump.

I refuse to be part of the decline. I've lost great shows for years, but it sure seems like things are getting worse.

I seriously wonder if Seinfeld or The X-Files would have survived half a season today. No network is trying to build a following for anything fictional.

The only 'goal' of most reality contestants is to get 15-minutes and try to leverage it into a hollywood career.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Arrested Development is getting a chance. Alias is still going, despite supposedly weak numbers. I sympathize with your hyperbole, but I don't think it's accurate. Networks are developing fictional shows, just not to the degree they once did.

Michael St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
Alias is alive because of excellent gadget-buying geek ratings. At one point it was 60th in the Nielsens but 11th in the Tivo ratings. It's not just about your ratings, but how they skew.

Exactly. Reality is cheap. :)

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
If you are used to an plots tied up by episodes end or want likeable characters then don't watch Nip/Tuck. The characters are more ego-centric than Jane ever came close to being.
If that show had been on FOX it would be cancelled already.

BrianAe

Second Unit
I like the apprentice a lot. However, last week I was flipping back and forth between it and wonderfalls and was thinking after what I considered a very weak apprentice that if they were head to head next season that I might skip the Donald.

Of course, I can't wait for tonight so go figure
It's that damb comb over... Powerless against it...

Daniel`D

Stunt Coordinator
I love Tru Calling, it's my favorite show. I was starting to like Wonderfalls. And I enjoy watching Playing It Straight. I'll be fine with Playing It Straight ending after this season. I'd be fine with Wonderfalls ending as long as it is released in a DVD series set. And all I have to say is Tru better last awhile and better be released on DVD.

Derek Miner

Screenwriter
Wow, a promo set of Wonderfalls items, including three DVDs of episodes (two unaired) will end up going for over $500 on eBay... Can't we get these released on DVD?

Chris Hicks

Stunt Coordinator
it just goes to show that most people don't like quality...that's why shows like Charmed keep going.

Christopher_P

Stunt Coordinator
Well crap this bites. I don't watch much TV anymore (even with a tivo there just isn't anything all that great on) but I loved this show :frowning: When will we start getting more quality stuff rather than this run into the ground comedy shows or the reality shows? I'm so sick of it :angry: Well maybe we will atleast see what was made put out on dvd soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks