What's new

Wonder Woman (2017) (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
WW is an Amazon, so 6'3" would fit the height criteria well (Gaby Reece).

I don't mind Shannon Elizabeth in her more comedic roles, but I'd have a tough time buying her as WW.

Tsianina Joelson has a nice look about her (WW-wise), but the acting is also suspect, and maybe the height as well.

Eliza Dushku may be a bit too short for the role as well.

Dan Hitchman

Senior HTF Member
Let's face it guys. The reason SMG is in the lead is because the executives see this as a spoof and not a serious comic book adaptation. I don't even really find her all that sexy either. Maybe cute, but not va va va voom.

A little bit younger and Carmen Electra would have been, um... er... interesting as WW. Although, even though she's older now have you seen her in her new magazine spread??
htf_images_smilies_smiley_jawdrop.gif
:b

Who cares if she can act! :D

Dan

Richard Travale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rich Travale
I don't think an actor's height should be a factor. Sure WW is an Amazon Princess but a) Human's were way shorter back then. For all we know, the Amazon were 5'5"
and b) height is relative. If SMG plays WW, cast her alongside Tom Cruise or John Leguizamo and she looks tall...
cast her beside Clint Eastwood and it's a Wizard of Oz remake.
That said, I still think that Leonor Varela could do very well in this part. She is only 31 but looks younger than that.

Andy Sheets

Senior HTF Member
Let's face it guys. The reason SMG is in the lead is because the executives see this as a spoof and not a serious comic book adaptation. I don't even really find her all that sexy either. Maybe cute, but not va va va voom.
I must have missed where SMG was actually in the running. All I read was that she said she'd like to play the part but that means about as much as Jennifer Aniston saying the same thing a few years ago. Lots of women grew up idolizing Lynda Carter and probably think it would be a blast to follow in her footsteps; that doesn't mean they're actually going to do that :)

Personally, I think SMG showed on Buffy that she can act a heroic part, and I think she's especially good at keeping her emotional vulnerability separate from the action stuff, which most actresses fail at (either that or they simply don't have any vulnerability, which lessens their resonance), but part of what made her great on Buffy was the irony of the world's toughest person being an ultra-petite valley girl and that's not what you need for characters like WW.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Based on what I saw of Leonor Varela in Blade 2, I can't say that she's got a lot of acting ability to offer to the role.

IMHO, 5'4" is not enough height for this particular role.

Chuck L

Screenwriter
Just a simple question here...how many of you have read the comic book since 1987?

If they, being Warner, were smart, they could take an actress that not only can act, look great and has some action film experience...buy from the "Challenge of The God's" three part storyline and they could have a WW that was in her 40's....

In that story, we find that before the Diana/Diana Prince that we know of...there was another Wonder Woman of sorts for which Diana was given her name. That Diana was Diana Trevor, Steve Trevor's mother. It was she who saved the Amazons and Paradise Island when the gates of Hades cracked open, for which the Amazon's were protecting.

If done correctly this could work.

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
They could do an older Wonder Woman, but if they start out with an older Wonder Woman, it really hurts the lifetime of the franchise. Besides, I would think you should start with an origin story and, AFAIK, all versions of Wonder Woman have her first sent out when she's fairly young. Best to start out with a young Wonder Woman and do an older one 20 years from now.

And Richard, concerns about height don't really have much to do with historical Amazons (which probably didn't exist), but with the way Wonder Woman has traditionally been portrayed. In the comics, she looks to be 5'10"-5'11"

Leonor Varela (who's 30 and 5'7") would work if you gave her big boots, I suppose.

Lynda Carter is 5'9" and started playing the role when she was 23 or 24, btw.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Well, I think I have found a better candidate. Her name is Karen Cliche and starred on Adventure,Inc and will be starring on Mutant X's 3rd season.

Here is Alex Ross' version of Wonder Woman:

DaveGR

Stunt Coordinator
I have the perfect young hollywood actress,and I think she would be great.
MILA KUNIS from that 70s show,,she was in the horrible American Psycho 2 as well.
Yepper Depper.
Great FIT. now of course she hasnt done very much,but hopefully she might get more roles.

DaveGR

Stunt Coordinator
yeah shes small but wonder women has gotten bigger over time,in the old comics I dont recall her being very tall. Actually When I think of wonder women I dont think of a really tall person,,I think a lil shorter.But thats me thinking of the older comics,,I dont even know what she looks like now in comics but no doubt its over the top.

Bill Williams

Screenwriter
I hadn't even thought about Shannon Elizabeth, but she would make a good Wonder Woman. Sandra Bullock - naaaaah.

I also agree, either Catherine Zeta-Jones or Lucy Lawless would be great for the part. Catherine has the sexy look about her, while Lucy has that warrior look about her from her "Xena" days.

And if they can't get either of them, here's someone who I think would also be good: Chyna.

Kip Lackey

Stunt Coordinator
I don't know how she is on the acting part but whoever the brunette is that stars in the Miller Lite commercials looks fine to me. You know, the one who wrestles the other girl in the fountain or mud? This is where the two guys at the bar are imagining the scene. The two girls argue over "tastes great" and "less filling". Not sure of her name but damn, she is HOT! No problem with the athletic build and definitely no problem "filling out the costume".

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
That's Kitana Baker. I doubt the folks at Warner Brothers would cast someone who's got a lot of "adult" video entertainment baggage to represent Wonder Woman on the big screen.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks