Without a Trace 09/25/03 Season Premier

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Al Shing, Sep 25, 2003.

1. Al Shing

Al Shing Stunt Coordinator

It bothered me when they asked Poppy Montgomery to surrender her gun and take time off, when Eric Close was allowed to keep his gun and keep working. Both of them shot one of the suspects, so they should have been treated the same.

2. Ken Seeber

Ken Seeber Supporting Actor

I'm spoilerizing this for those who haven't watched the episode. You might want to add spoiler tags to your post as well.

I thought she shot both of the suspects, but maybe I wasn't watching closely enough.

3. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

Sam did shoot both suspects.

If the show is already over on the west coast, no spoilers are required when discussing the episode, but spoilers should be used for future plot developments when possible.

4. Jason Seaver

Jason Seaver Lead Actor

Great show, and I'll be interested to see how it does in the ratings - it evidently did quite well during the summer, and who knows how many folks will be tuning into this instead of ER now?

They seem to be upgrading the guest stars a little, too - Charles Dutton was the only one I recognized last year, but this week they had Jayne Brook and Christopher MacDonald, with Hector Elizondo next week.

5. TheLongshot

TheLongshot Producer

Well, I had guessed right off that the kid was lying. I didn't realize that it was going to be his mom, tho...

Jason

6. MikeFR

MikeFR Supporting Actor

Did I totally miss something? I thought last years season finale ended on a cliff hanger with the hostage situation in the book store. When did that get resolved? I was positive that was the finale, only to watch the season premier and the only reference to it was Poppy's limp from being shot.

Anyway it was a pretty solid episode as usual, nice twist at the end with the mother being in on it.

7. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

Last season's finale was resolved in the last episode, but it was a 2-part season finale covering 2 weeks. You only saw the 2nd to last episode.

8. MikeFR

MikeFR Supporting Actor

9. Ken Chan

Ken Chan Producer

I believe they also repeated the second half of that two-parter last week -- so you missed it twice [​IMG]

As for ratings, it did pretty well. It didn't beat ER, but it was fairly close, maybe 26 vs. 21 share. Check thefutoncritic.com

//Ken

10. MikeFR

MikeFR Supporting Actor

11. Rob P S

Rob P S Cinematographer

rob
    It was nice to see Jayne Brook again - I always liked her on Chicago Hope. The son was played by that kid from Hearts in Atlantis - apparently puberty doesn't agree with him.

12. Shea

Shea Stunt Coordinator

Am I the only one who thinks this is a MUCH better show than CSI? CSI the forensics stuff is cool, but for me there's nothing else that makes the show good. Without a Trace to me is way ahead of the pack in current shows with the exception of the Dead Zone.

13. Chris_Morris

Chris_Morris Screenwriter

Excellent episode [​IMG]

This was one of my favorite new shows last year, along with American Dreams. Glad to see both of them actually doing well in the ratings, unlike my other fav. new show last year, "That Was Then" :b

Chris

14. Jason Seaver

Jason Seaver Lead Actor