What's new

With WKRP, Wonder Years and Batman now a reality, what's the next holy grail? (1 Viewer)

LeoA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Leo
I wonder if that was frequently shortened since from about 25 seconds in until the 53 second mark, I don't really remember that portion of the introduction?

Tom St Jones

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Thomas
Mike*HTF said:
More Ziv -- especially I Led 3 Lives (but also Man Called X, Men Into Space, Mr. District Attorney, Man and the Challenge)
1950s Dragnet
The Green Hornet (more of a possibility now that the rights for Batman have been cleared?)
"The Green Hornet" - definitely a holy grail

Ron1973

Beverly Hillbilles nut extraordinaire
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron Reagan (not that one!)
HugeBensonFan said:
My Holy Grail would be the complete series of Benson with the 3 filmed alternate endings of the series.
I watched that YouTube video of "Go Home, Clayton" a few days ago! Thanks for letting me know the title. All I ever saw was the syndicated version which was chopped up. It was even funnier seeing the full version. The syndication version chopped off the part of Benson letting air out of Pete's tires. I always wondered why Pete needed an air pump as it was never explained in the syndicated version. Thanks again!

Real Name
Brad
Ron1973 said:
I watched that YouTube video of "Go Home, Clayton" a few days ago! Thanks for letting me know the title. All I ever saw was the syndicated version which was chopped up. It was even funnier seeing the full version. The syndication version chopped off the part of Benson letting air out of Pete's tires. I always wondered why Pete needed an air pump as it was never explained in the syndicated version. Thanks again!
No problem Ron1973!! Glad I could help!! And glad you enjoyed!! I always felt that Benson was one of those shows that couldn't afford to be syndicated or chopped up in order to enjoy properly. A lot of important, funny parts are left out, or it ends abruptly as the syndicated versions cut off the end. That's another reason why I'm hoping for a complete unedited version of the complete series.

JMFabianoRPL

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
James Fabiano
A minor one by comparison, but the 2001 Transformers: Robots in Disguise. Yes it was a silly anime dub, but has not been seen for so long in the States. Some episodes not at all due to being just after 9/11.

LeoA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Leo
Not sure if it quite qualifies as a holy grail, but a HD remastering of Combat! along the lines of what some other iconic programs have received (Including fellow Image Entertainment releases The Dick Van Dyke Show and the Twilight Zone) would be welcomed.

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
Charles Ellis said:
On top of my list are two shows yet to be offically released due to music clearance problems:

Cold Case
The Lawrence Welk Show

also, there are shows that have been stalled partway in their DVD releases for years:

Peyton Place
Green Acres
Burke's Law
Malcolm in the Middle
Matt Houston
Barnaby Jones
You'd think that with the current popularity of one of its stars, it would be time to revive Malcolm in the Middle for dvd...!

Brian Himes

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
Lawrence Welk was on from 1951-1982.

First locally in Los Angeles from 1951-1955 then on ABC from 1955-1971 and first run syndication from 1971-1982. All together 31 years or so. Probably more like 30 1/2 years since it was on ABC for 27 1/2 years.

jimmyjet

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jimmy
hi brian,

with that length, i can see why not all 31 years are gonna be waited on, before a complete series would be put out.

JamesSmith

Senior HTF Member
I'm guessing the Holy Grails for 2015 have slowed down immensly. I'm hoping for Young Maverick this year. Wish there was more news.

James

AndrewCrossett

Second Unit
My classic TV holy grails at this point are a) The Ghost and Mrs. Muir, and b) The Odd Couple with music clearances.

Neither are particularly likely.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation966
Recent bookmarks