What's new

With "The Simpsons" movie now in production.... (1 Viewer)

Andrew Radke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Andrew Radke
Excellent! I'm looking forward to this. The Maggie head looks pretty cool too. I've stuck with buying the heads rather than the alternates. They look a bit odd on my shelf, but there's something to be said about originality. :) Anyway, the likelihood is, we should probably see season 9 by Christmas. Gotta like that.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
I hope there will be another season released by the end of the year. The first season was released in August 2001, the second in August 2002. When there have been August releases, there have not been additional volumes the same year. I hope that changes this year.

Johnny S

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
John

Read Gord's updated news story. :)

I will be going for the normal box as well.

EDIT- My bad... Someone already pointed that out.

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
I think you should all know by now that there isn't any pattern in the Simpsons releases. We had heard that season 8 was moved from April, to May, to July, and now to August.

Gord

Ocean Phoenix

Supporting Actor
It's nice to see guest stars getting involved in the audio commentaries again. The commentary with Jon Lovitz for "A Streetcar Named Marge" is my favourite DVD commentary track of all time right now. It should be fun to hear the commentaries with Alex Rocco, John Waters, and Kelsey Grammer.

Andrew Bunk

Screenwriter

Much appreciatred news!

Frank Grimes!

I just can't believe how many episodes I love are in the season. The Springfield Files!

Kieran Brown

Agent
That was great news to read over at tvshowsondvd.com :D
I'm wondering why though Bart's head wasn't used first though cause the order of the kids is Bart, Lisa, Maggie. Lol. Obviously they've decided not to go that way with casing, I just find it a little weird. But it's bloody great to know that Season 8 is only a couple of months away (well for Australia probably a little longer but still it's official so that's what counts.) :)

RoryR

Stunt Coordinator
Cool. A Kelsey Grammer commentary, that will be good - thanks to Paramount we'll never see anything like that on Frasier.

Alex Rocco will be a good one too.

Jeremy Little

Supporting Actor

It's all good, I figured they would release both. If you notice, I quoted TravisR's post above mine word for word.;)

JamesTaylor

Stunt Coordinator
What's everyone's top 10 or so commentaries? When I eventually buy all of the sets I want to know which ones are crap and which ones are pretty top-notch.
-James

Ocean Phoenix

Supporting Actor
I'm not going to make a top ten, but I will point out two of my favourites - the group commentary for "Homer At The Bat" in Season 3 during which something Mike Reiss says gets a huge laugh out of everyone doing commentary (and from me as well, no matter how many times I hear it), and the commentary for "A Streetcar Named Marge" in Season 4 during which everyone makes fun of Jon Lovitz and there's some hilarious interaction between he and Hank Azaria.

Scott D S

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Scott Saslow

I'd like to add two more:

"The Otto Show" (season 3) - the creators talk a lot about music rights and costs and at one point Al Jean says it's like accountants doing a commentary

"Bart's Inner Child" (season 5) - some very funny anecdotes, including much laughter at James Brown's "This bandstand isn't double-bolted!" line

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
The commentary on the first clip show is pretty entertaining, as is the Michael Jackson episode ("Stark Raving Dad").

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks