What's new

With Deep Throat revealed, will we finally get an SE of All the President's Men??? (1 Viewer)

Jeff Bamberger

Second Unit
Will the oft-rumoured All the President's Men finally see the light of day now that Mark Felt has revealed himself as Deep Throat?

And killer extras for this DVD would be to grab an interview/commentary with Felt before he dies....I would also love to see a new interview/commentary from Woodward and Bernstein with the new information regarding Felt.

There is such potential to make a killer SE for this title. They will just have to move on things fast before the 91 year-old Felt dies.......

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
This could actually happen if WB jumped on it. According to the Vanity Fair article, one of the reasons Felt finally decided to "come out" was his daughter pointed out that they may be able to earn some money to pay off the bills from his grandchildren's college education.

But they need to hurry. According to the VF article & other reports Felt's mental acuity is declining. I hope someone gets the story from him before it's too late.

Jeff_HR

Senior HTF Member
If I had to guess, I'd say this interview won't happen which would be too bad because it would make the DVD a "MUST" buy.

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member
i would love to see a decent remastering of it, let alone a SE (which is a no brainer on something like this with tons of historical material to access)
but i really don't need anything from Felt at this point- the guy is 91 and looks pretty frail.
an interview would be novelty value more than anything.

what i hope they include are things like Nixons resignation telecasts, presidential addresses/press conferences on the subject of watergate- an audio commentary by Woodward & Bernstien & Ben Bradlee is another no brainer (but those guys are fairly busy so it may be a long shot at getting them together at one time for the more than 2 hours it would take)

this could and should be an amazing package
wish it was on the shelf right now

Jeff Bamberger

Second Unit
I have heard that W&B had/have another book in the wings that they were sitting on until DT died. Now that felt has come out, I would assume this book will get released soon too. Maybe there is enough info within that W&B participation in the DVD would be more than enough.

JohnMor

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Moreland
I believe the 2-disc SE is already in the works, if not completed. I seem to recall in the WB chat from a couple of months ago, they said 2-disc SE's of ATPM, Dog Day Afternoon and Network were coming within the next 12 months (ie by 3/31/06). Don't know how flexible the process is to allow new info.

Jeff Bamberger

Second Unit
The famous line from the movie....."Follow the Money".....was never actually in the book. It was added by the screenwriter....

Interesting tidbit.....

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Warner is working on this DVD for year end
release.

I recall it was mentioned in the chat.

Lynda-Marie

Supporting Actor
Thank you, Ron!

Input from DT himself... while it probably would be of no more than novelty value, as Paul mentioned, what a HELL of a great novelty.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
I was just looking at my ATPM dvd and checked out the "who is deep throat" extra. This is just a few paragraphs of text only. In one paragraph it mentions several of the chief suspects and the first name mentioned is none other than Felt.

ChristopherBlig

Stunt Coordinator
would be nice if they retained the b/w circle W logo that was on the original print of the film just like MGM retained the b/w Transamerica logo for Bring Me The Head of Alfredo Garcia

ZacharyTait

Senior HTF Member
I would pick up a 2-disc SE of this movie in a heartbeat. I hope the supplements will reflect current events.

Gordon McMurphy

Senior HTF Member
Haven't Warner intonated that a SE of this film is in the works? There seems to be a thread about this film every month. Enough already, says I!

Sergio A

Stunt Coordinator
Enough already, says I!
------

Well, I'll certainly relent once I have a nicely re-mastered DVD in my mitts (Lowry have done clean up on it apparently, right?)

By the way Gordon, 1900 is available on a pretty good 2-disc DVD set in Italy, albeit without English subtitles (for those that need them).

Chad R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chad Rouch
Even if Felt has lost most of his faculties, the admission as to Deep Throat's identity should at least allow Woodward, Bernstein, and Bradlee to do a very interesting, unrestricted commentary for the film. They could easily fill in a lot of the gaps by discussing the incidents in the film unhindered.

I read Woodward's article in the Post this morning, and while it's interesting to see the last piece of this puzzle fit into place, I don't know if they could milk an entire book out of this revelation. At best they could add a new appendage to the old book, and a commentary from them on the movie could do the same, just in modern day, DVD terms.

JohnTRU

Stunt Coordinator
This may be seen as sacrilege, given the delays in getting a special edition of this out there, but I'd gladly sit through further delays to have some of the recently divulged information discussed at length. But then again, Woodward, Bernstein and Ben Bradlee have tended to play down the importance of Deep Throat over the years, saying while he was important, there were other sources which were also valuable to the investigation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cennetkaralowa
Recent bookmarks