What's new

Wiseguy-Vol. 4 Question (1 Viewer)

JeffMeyer

Auditioning
Thanks for the update. I got my Disc #1 last week; I look forward to Disc #4.

FYI, I got Disc #1 about a week after I faxed them my receipt.

BrandonJF

Second Unit
I got disc 1 and disc 4 today.

I only checked out disc 4 so far and everything seems good with the show audio.

The audio commentary has to be selected by manually cycling through the audio options (no menu option has been added to turn on the commentary), but I'm fine with that.

Jeff#

Screenwriter
I finally decided to take a chance to buy the fourth Wiseguy set "Between the Mob and a Hard Place" today at Best Buy. This one and 13 other copies were received on March 29 at this store -- more than 2 months after the first release of the same edition. Twice I posted here asking if any of you knew if this was going to be re-shipped to stores with the disc problems fixed but my question was ignored.

Unfortunately, there is no way to tell the difference between the first release and a re-release (if any) and this one has the same problems you guys mentioned. I only checked Disc # 4 first and sure enough it has Ken Wahl's audio commentaries on those two episodes from the 3rd season and no regular audio!

Should I photocopy and mail (or fax) my receipt to Studio Works? Do I need to mail them my existing disc first?

If someone has a phone number or their E-mail please tell me how to go about this. I haven't yet checked the other disc that supposedly also had a problem.

Thanks,

JEFF

BrandonJF

Second Unit

I don't think it's that your question was ignored as much as it was that nobody knows the answer. Most of us had already purchased the set and hadn't asked the studio that question. I'd be surprised if corrected copies ended up in stores anytime soon. The quickest way to get the set is probably to buy it like you did and get the replacements in a couple of weeks.

There are a few contact e-mails earlier in the thread. It's probably a good idea just to get an e-mail confirmation that they'll replace your discs. Currently, if you have a sales receipt, you don't need to mail them your existing discs. Just fax the receipt. I couldn't find mine, so I sent in my discs - I got the corrected ones back in about 2 weeks.

Jeff#

Screenwriter
Does anyone know what the fax # is that I'm supposed to send my sales receipt to?

ChrisMahoney

Auditioning
Here's the fax # & contact information I was sent by Studioworks:

In order to receive your replacements please mail back your originals disks (only the disks you want replaced not the whole box set) to:

StudioWorks Entertainment
2590 Conejo Spectrum Drive
Thousand Oaks, CA 91320
Re: Wiseguy Replacement Disks

Or fax/mail proof of purchase or register receipt (receipt must actually list what the purchase was) (fax: (805) 498-6709)

JeffMeyer

Auditioning

That's my situation. I was going to give them until this weekend, and then send an e-mail asking how long it would be until disc 4 arrives.

If I get any news, I'll let you folks know.

Jeff#

Screenwriter
OK, two afternoons ago I faxed Studio Works my store receipt and gave my mailing address & phone number but not my E-mail (although I did E-mail Ventura Distribution the day before). So far I have gotten no responses from anyone. I hope they got my fax!

KevinAN

Auditioning
I received only disc 1 on April 4. I was told via email from Studioworks that they were sorry, an error had been made on all shipments, and disc 4 was omitted.

Disc 4 would be shipped on April 5, and I should receive by the end of the week.

I called Studioworks on Monday April 11, and told them I did not receive Disc 4 by the end of the week as had been said.

I was told that they would check with shipping to make sure it had been shipped. On April 12, they called me back and said it had indeed been shipped, to be patient.

On April 15, I called Studioworks and told them I still had not received Disc 4. I had the situation escalated to a manager, and they shipped via UPS with a tracking number a whole new dvd set on April 16.

I received this new set on April 21.

For those who have only received Disc 1, I suggest you call Studioworks directly and voice your displeasure.

Jeff#

Screenwriter
Which E-mail address should I have written them with? Maybe I would be better off calling Ventura Distribution toll-free again and have them connect me to Studio Works' voice mail only to get the runaround. :frowning:

KevinAN

Auditioning
I officially give up. The "New Replacement Set" that arrived today had the same defective disc 1and disc 4.

I called Bonnie, and she asked me to read the numbers on the Inner Circle on the bottom of the discs. This confirmed that these were from the sets that were supposedly destroyed and no more remianed in their warehouse. She was not happy with this. Their inventory control appears to be all messed up. Bonnie is overnighting me another disc 4 and she will verify it is the correct one. I will beleieve it when I see it.

Jeff#

Screenwriter
I didn't deal with Bonnie, but another woman who suggested I do what everyone else has done: Put the discs in an envelope and mail them -- so I did yesterday!
I addressed them Attention: to another woman who works there (forget her name). She's on vacation until Monday, which is when my first-class padded mailing envelope should arrive.

Jeff*H

Premium
Real Name
Jeff
I'm still hesitant to send my discs in for replacement given all of the problems everyone has had trying to get theirs swapped out. Hopefully everyone will keep posting their progress with Studioworks; once things seem to be better (IF they get better, in fact) then I will take a chance and send mine in. Wish I had kept my receipt, though!

On a side note, I am starting to doubt whether Studioworks will ever get around to releasing the final 2 sets, given all of the problems with set 4. There is no way they can be making a profit given all of the set's problems. Plus, April is usually when you see July release announcements for DVD sets, and if Studioworks was continuing to release sets on a 6-month basis, Set 5 would be due in July. Even if they do release the final 2 sets, I doubt I will buy them, given the disaster that set 4 has become.

BrandonJF

Second Unit
I had no problems with sending my discs in. They must have received my discs after the "disc 4" problem had already been sorted out since I did receive both discs.

It seems like the problems occurred for people who faxed receipts or sent in discs before they were alerted to the disc 4 problem. I probably waited 5 days or so after I got the e-mail asking for the discs to be sent back and it probably took 2-3 days for them to arrive. I imagine if I had had my receipt and just faxed it right away, I'd still be waiting on disc 4.

Brian_Linnen

Stunt Coordinator
Saw this posted on Ken Wahl's website by someone named Gary. I'm just copying and pasting - he did all the legwork. I really hope what he's saying isn't true. Anyone have any information on this:

By the way, faxed my receipt to them and received disc 1. Still waiting on disc 4.

Thanks!

Here is some extremely bad news regarding my quest to find out about future Wiseguy DVD releases.

Since we have been told that Mr. Cannell and Mr. Wahl have no control over the distribution and release of Wiseguy DVDs, I called Ventura Distribution, the entity we have been told does, yesterday. Phone: 805-498-7800, Fax: 805-498-7842

I asked for the person who is familiar with the status of Wiseguy DVDs. After being transferred three times I finally spoke to a woman who claimed, based on my direct inquiries, stated she had the authority and knowledge to speak on this concern. She refused to give her name. (So much for accountability.)

I was told by her ...

1. They will NOT reissue Set 4, Disk 4 with the two episodes "Sleepwalk" and "And How They Will Remember Me" so we can choose whether or not to listen to the commentary as we are able to do with all the other episodes that have commentary from all the currently released Wiseguy sets.

2. It is highly unlikely that any future sets of Wiseguy will be distributed. I was told this was due to a lack of interest. When I inquired whether it was the interest of the fans or Ventura Distribution she would not specify.

So we are out of luck in getting the remaining episodes of Wiseguy on DVD legally. This includes our Not being able to legally purchase the "Dead Dog Records" arc, the "Lynchboro" Arc, the "Guzman Arc" and the movie. Notice I used the term "legally purchase".

It would be understating my disappointment and disgust to state that "I am not pleased". It has taken me a day to compose myself and compose a relatively civil message as I hope this is. Perhaps others may have better luck in changing the minds at Ventura Distribution than I did. Here is the contact information I used from their website.

http://www.venturadistribution.com/newsletter/

VENTURA DISTRIBUTION, INC.
2590 CONEJO SPECTRUM STREET
THOUSAND OAKS, CA 91320
Phone: 805-498-7800,
Fax: 805-498-7842

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks