What's new

Wiseguy-Vol. 4 Question (1 Viewer)

JeffMeyer

Auditioning
PS

Could the first person who gets replacement discs from Studioworks please post a note on this thread?

Thanks!

Jeff*H

Premium
Real Name
Jeff
Has anyone received their replacement discs yet? I received an email from Tony Mills at StudioWorks specifically stating that the discs were indeed made and were mailed out, and that I was only the second person not to receive them.

If that's true, can anyone verify if the problems were fixed?

Jeff

Jeff*H

Premium
Real Name
Jeff
Actually, I have an update to my previous message: I called the 800 number for Ventura/StudioWorks, and was informed that they just received the replacement discs 10 days ago (the woman I spoke with said there had been problems with the first set of replacement discs, and they had to have them redone a second time). She indicated they would be sending them out next week...

This sounds like good news to me; she didn't specify what problems had been corrected,however...

Jeff

JeffMeyer

Auditioning
Jeff -- thank you very much for the update -- it's greatly appreciated.

I'll post a note when mine show up (hopefully in 2-3 weeks).

Jeff#

Screenwriter
I purchased the first 3 sets of Wiseguy last year, but I held off on getting the fourth because of what happened with those 2 episodes with the audio track. Thanks for that info! :) Now I need to know if the distributor will be sending the revised sets (with the problem corrected) of Between a Mob and a Hard Place to stores such as
Best Buy, Suncoast Video, etc. ?

Mark To

Supporting Actor
Every Cannell release so far has been a total botch job. I don't know why anyone continues to be surprised at any of this. He obviously doesn't really give a shit about the condition of his shows on DVD and will not even pick up a phone to check on getting a song licensed. He just replaces all of the music automatically. I read where someone who knows the Moody Blues was asked why they licensed the song for another release and not for Wiseguy and they said he never even called to ask about it. People should treat his released shows with the same amount of care as he does, i.e., none.

BrandonJF

Second Unit
I'm sure others got an e-mail as well, but I was notified today that I needed to send back the discs I wanted replaced or send a receipt with the item listed on it. Of course, that's the only DVD receipt from this year that I can't find.

Since they mentioned "discs", I wonder if that means they redid disc 1 as well as disc 4...

I sent an e-mail back to see if I should send them both.

JeffMeyer

Auditioning
I just got the same e-mail, Brandon -- I've also sent back a request, asking which discs can be replaced.

As far as I know, only disc 1 (bad video on one episode) and disc 4 (no soundtrack to bonus episodes).

I'll let you know what I hear from them.

JeffMeyer

Auditioning
Actually, I lucked out and *did* find the receipt for the DVD set. So I'm going to fax it to them (means I don't have to mail them the discs.)

Haven't heard back from my initial e-mail yet about which discs are replaced.

Jeff#

Screenwriter
Still doesn't answer my question: When will the replacement sets be in stores? An even better question if and when they are: How can I tell they are the corrected versions if the packaging of both are identical?

JeffMeyer

Auditioning
Thanks for confirming that, Brandon.

Faxed them my receipts and return info on Wednesday; I'm hoping they'll send me a confirmation e-mail when they ship.

ChrisMahoney

Auditioning
I had an email from Studioworks on Friday, indicating I should receive the replacement discs within the next week.

Brian_Linnen

Stunt Coordinator
Hey all!
I faxed them my receipt last week and received a package today. Unfortunately, it was only disc 1, and I of course had asked for discs 1 and 4. I fired off another email to see what's going on. Anyone else shorted?
Brian

PatWahlquist

Supporting Actor
I got my disc one today but no four. I emailed them and they said four was on its way.

So far, the episode on disc one is much better.

Scott-L

Agent
Pat,

How long did it take from the time you sent in your discs or proof of purchase to get the replacement?

R. Kay

Second Unit
With Studioworks coming across as being such a minor league operation, it's an absolute miracle that they remastered these 2 discs.

ChrisMahoney

Auditioning
For what its worth, it took less than two weeks to receive the replacement disc (DVD#1) after I mailed in my defective originals. However, I'm still waiting to receive a replacement for disc #4.

PatWahlquist

Supporting Actor
I think it was about two weeks as well.

Regarding this whole thing, and I think I brought it up before, I'm surprised THX let disc one go out like it was. And why was THX processing used on a 17 year old TV show? Seems like a bit of overkill.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks