What's new

Wireless surround speakers (1 Viewer)

txakura

Auditioning
Real Name
Mike Richardson
When I (finally) had all the pieces of my home theater, and set it up, I was in the middle of a remodel. I had open walls, and put in all the cabling (16-gauge zip cord) I needed, and right to the places I wanted the speakers (5.1 back then). I'm about to relocate, and I don't have the luxury of open walls this time. Way, way back I was a telephone company installer, and back then, we were expected to crawl under houses where possible to make "invisible" installations - not true at all now. I'm afraid I'm just not willing to go to those extremes for my speakers, and I keep hoping there is now a way to take advantage of wireless technology to set up four speakers (in a 7.1 array) without having to cable at all.

Does anyone know of anything close?

Any help would be appreciated.

txakura

Auditioning
Real Name
Mike Richardson
The reference was right on. I've decided to go with the Aperion Allaire Zonas (in a 5.1 configuration because you can't use multiple sets of Zonas at anything more than "enhanced 5.1"). But that solves the problem quite nicely, and I figure sooner or later there will be the possibility of another set of Zonas that will work in a 7.1.

Thanks for the reference. I figured it would be simple to ask for "wireless surround speakers" on Google and find what I was looking for, but I never found the Aperions.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks