What's new

Wireless Rear Speaker System (1 Viewer)

ckjaecks

Auditioning
Real Name
Kevin
I need some suggestions for a surround sound system with wireless rear speakers. There is not enough attic to get up into to be able to pull speaker wire. I was looking into the SONY HT-SS370 system. I would rather have an active subwoofer or get a system that didn't come with a subwoofer so I could get my own. I am not looking for a top of the line system. Just something that sounds good & has HDMI hook-ups. I would appreciate any suggestions. Thanks!

CB750

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bill
Welcome Kevin

This is not the answer you want to hear but I would not buy this unit. Sony is not known for their HTib or speaker systems. First of all it does not have a powered sub, and it is not wireless which means you are going to have to buy more Sony equipment to do it. You do realize that their is no such thing as a wireless system as the speakers have to be connected to some sort of receiver amp and that amp must be connected to an AC power source. For surround speakers this sometimes causes more problems than it solves.

If you want a HTib I would look at the Onkyo line and try to hard wire it using flat wires which you can hide in base boards. They come with a real receiver a powered sub, and speakers that can be upgraded to any other brand. If you have over $700+ to spend you might want to consider a separate receiver and speaker system that will allow you to pick from speakers that suit your ears best.

Rockfish also makes a wireless system that can be used with any brand of speakers. However, everything I have read about wireless systems is a mixed bag some report good results some have interference problems.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks