Wireless Headphones for Xbox 360?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by RockyMountainHigh, Jan 6, 2007.

Tags:
  1. RockyMountainHigh

RockyMountainHigh Auditioning

Hello all,
    Waiting on my Xbox360 package, due to arrive Monday. I'm on the search for a good set of wireless headphones for gameplay. Microphone isn't a factor, though I would take one if it was included with whatever I go with.

My questions are:

1. I'm not sure to go with something specifically for the Xbox, like the EarForce X2, or something for general hi-fi/stereo listening like the Sennheiser or Sony Open Air's. My price range is around $100. I see the Pioneer SE-DIR800C have about the best reviews, but I can't bring myself to spend $300 - $400 on headphones right now. What do you all recommend and/or use?

2. Silly question, but I'm assuming the Xbox360 has a headphone jack? Or, will I need to run audio to my TV or surround sound and plug the headphones there?

Thanks much all.

2. RockyMountainHigh

RockyMountainHigh Auditioning

Class..., anyone? No wireless headphone users here? Should I post this over in the audio forum? Thanks.

3. EricW

EricW Cinematographer

i don't think the 360 has a headphone jack...

4. Juan.F

Juan.F Extra

If you mean a wireless headset to talk to others when playing on-line, the only one I am aware of at the moment is the official Wireless Headset from Microsoft.

I own this headset and am enjoying it, although I have heard others have experienced some problems with it. My biggest issue with it is that the range is very small. I cannot be more than about 15 feet from my 360 before the headset loses its connection, which is a much lower range than the actual wireless controller, which works flawlessly from a much further distance.