What's new

Wireless audio from PC to stereo receiver 12' away? (1 Viewer)

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
I supported Creative MP3 players from the beggining. My first one worked on both Macs and PCs - I avoided iPods and even hated them when they first came out (because my Jukebox was able to connect to any computer I had and I could transfer songs as I pleased) - but by the time I got to my 3rd Creative player, I ran into the SoundBlaster issue. :angry: No longer could I hook it to both of my Macs, no longer could I hook it to my work PC and no longer could I hook it to my new Home PC.

The next player I got was the iPod and while there are restrictions, they don't piss me off half as much as the issues I had with the Creative.

Well, I just had to check the thread title because I forgot where I was :laugh: Back OT: Hopefully my Linksys bridge will arive this week. I'll give a report when I get it.

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
Well, I just hooked up the Linksys G Bridge and it works great. Setup was easy and I am happy that it has optical outs.

I thought I read about being able to send "fake" 5.1 audio to the bridge, but I don't see any options for that. Maybe I need a 5.1 audio file??

EDIT: I just noticed the "Environment" settings (i.e. Hall, arena, quarry, etc.) - Those are the ones that add a 'fake' surround sound. No big deal. I'm sticking with "Normal".

It is working with iTunes and my iTunes purchases play fine. The audio sounds great for what it is (i.e. compressed) - Even the 128k iTunes radio stations don't sound all that bad. I mean, it's no worse than listening to this stuff on my desktop speakers.

It's great to have my laptop on the couch and send my music to my HT setup. :emoji_thumbsup: I'm playing a radio station now and it's amazing...the thought of my laptop requesting the radios station from my laptops wireless card, to my wireless router, then recieving the signal back to my laptop, which then sends the audio from my wireless card, to the bridge, which then sends the signal to my reciever. :laugh:

CRAZY!

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
I saw those on Amazon (I believe). They seemed neat, but in my case, I wanted to use my laptop...since that would require hanging a device off a port, I went with the Linksys solution since it doesn't require plugging anything into the laptop.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks