What's new

Winter Storm Nemo 2013 (1 Viewer)

StephenA

Screenwriter
Still got power and all that here where I live in New Hampshire. The snow hasn't accumulated too much yet, but it's pretty windy and the visibility is getting pretty bad. One good thing is that my town doesn't usually have problems with losing power, or getting it back in a timely fashion. Only lost the power for about 8 hours a few years ago around Christmas, where a lot of other towns literally lost it for weeks.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
39b09e84_BCnzBYZCEAAyRYk.jpeg
This was just spotted in Nemo's wake. Be careful out there.

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
Greg_S_H said:
39b09e84_BCnzBYZCEAAyRYk.jpeg
This was just spotted in Nemo's wake. Be careful out there.
and here I thought it was going to be the fish Nemo. But very cool photo.

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
The news said there's a lot of people without power with some places getting -10 degrees. The news also said there's even another storm coming with more snow.

EarleD

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Earle Decker
35" in wallingford ct. Not going anywhere until condo is plowed out Sent from my unlocked Note 2

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
20 inches here, and all is well. But all is well whenever the power stays on! (My slogan, after the last two October disasters: "It's the heat, stupid.")

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Thankfully you guys got some warning that was actually somewhat accurate. Here in the Northwest part of the US, totally worthless forecasting. The "forecasters" might get it right about 10% of the time. They're barely worth listening to. We had a forecast for three to eight inches of snow a few weeks ago. Ended up with a light dusting that might have totalled 1/8th of an inch. Glad things are going well. We had a big ice storm about 15 years ago and lost power in some places for up to two weeks. Not fun.

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
I drove to NJ friday early afternoon, southern Passaic Cty got about 12inches and I got back to the berkshires sunday night and found about 10-11" of snow on the ground. Most of it overnight into saturday morning as there was no snow when I left friday afternoon... Roads were fine going into NJ friday as it was warm and the snow wasn't really sticking then to the asphalt surface. My father down by Sandy hook got about 8" or so but some of that was ice/slush from rain... Jay

EarleD

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Earle Decker
Im finally plowed out. 3 days with my kids stuck in a 1 bedroom condo. Couldnt even open the doors until sun evening. At least I didnt lose power.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks