What's new

Wings is FINALLY coming to DVD!!! (1 Viewer)

Mack P.

Auditioning
If you have read on the front page of the site then you'll noticed that Wings has finally been annouced to be coming to DVD in "06.

I don't know about anybody else but I'm very excited because I'm a big fan of that show. Steven Weber, Thomas Haden Church, Tim Daly, and Crystal Benard were all very good on the show. It also made that guy who plays Monk (can't remember his real name) popular as well.

John*D

Second Unit
I'm surprised they didn't mention Tony Shalhoub's fame for his show MONK or Timothy Daly, even though his last two show's have been cancelled (Fugitive/EYES).

I'd probably get this show whenever it's released even though I was a casual viewer.

Sue_New

Stunt Coordinator
Woot! I love this show. I loved seeing Steven Weber on Once and Again. Makes me long for this show, too.

Yay!

Keith I

FoS
Real Name
Keith
I wonder how Paramount would release Season 1 since it was only six episodes. Releasing it together with Season 2 (ala Sliders) would be nice but Season 2 is already a full-length season at 22 episodes. 28 episodes would fit on five discs (hope it wouldn't affect A/V quality though).

If they do release only Season 1, I hope it's really inexpensive if they're not going to include any extras.

Angela_K

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Angela
Season One had 8 episodes, so hopefully they'll release the first two seasons together :)

Angela_K

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Angela
With Tony Shaloub winning another emmy tonight, I wonder if that might help get it released sooner? :)

Steve_Knutzen

Screenwriter
Definitely the best new to DVD release info I've heard in a while. Paramount seems to like to release their shows quickly so even if Seasons One and Two aren't packaged together we probably won't have to wait too long for a Wings fix. I'd like some extras too but Paramount's a little hit and miss with their TV extras.

Linda Thompson

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Linda
Yippee!!! Another one from my "most wanted" list...finally announced!

I know Dave Lambert must be thrilled too...I believe he's wanted this one for a long time too...and I hope he enjoyed finally getting to make the announcement! :)

Gomer Pyle confirmed too... Definitely a good news day.

John*D

Second Unit
http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=4142

I wasn't disappointed about the other cast members not being mentioned in the original news story.

I was just wondering why Tom was the only was listed as having a big to do post WINGS. Since the other guys have had stuff going on over the past several years rather than his recent publicity.

p.s. I had no idea Tim Daly did the voice of Superman on S:TAS. Someone by the name of George Newbern apparently has beeing doing the voice for JL and JLU? I could have sworn the voices are the same?

Andy_Bu

Supporting Actor

Maybe he wasn't mentioned because he was not in Season One? I believe he joined the cast for Season Two

Andy

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
I *did* mention Tony and Tim, but I coded the HTML tag wrong in the link to Monk and so it hid the entire sentence until I corrected it. I hadn't seen this set of posts here; I got a few e-mails from readers, scolding me for only mentioning one guy on the cast, and so I was like "hey, wait a sec, I DID talk about some of those guys!" Then I realized what happened and fixed it, and posted my note at the bottom.

One person asked why I failed to mention Crystal, and I had to painfully point out that she didn't have that many TV projects going on lately. Too bad...she's a fave of mine among the cast. And yes, I was very pleased to pass on the announcement. Note that I said "passed on", because this is SitcomsOnline.com's news, not mine. :)

Having said that, to this news I must say...

...YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY YYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (dances around the room naked)

Angela_K

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Angela
Thanks for correcting that David, I didn't think you had deliberately left off Steven or Tony. :)

I sooooo can't wait for this DVD. I think I might dance around the room naked too ;) :b

RobinO

Stunt Coordinator
David -

I am as excited as you are about this show being released since it is one of my all-time favorites.

Once the initial excitement wore off I started to panic about whether this will be syndicated versions or the whole show. How is the track record for the studio that is going to release this set?

Robin
Who just can't be happy for more than a minute that her show is being released.

Angela_K

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Angela
It's Paramount that owns Wings, and I think their track record is pretty good :)

RobinO

Stunt Coordinator
I hope you are right Angela.

Of course, I would probably buy it either way since it is my favorite. I'm too weak to hold out.

Robin

Scott Kimball

Screenwriter
Paramount has put up a placeholder on their web site for media (not open for the public) that is named: "Wings: Season 1 and 2"

So, it looks like a combined release, with the abbreviated season 1 and season two in one package.

No artwork available, yet. No date, either, but I'd estimate March/April.

-Scott

Angela_K

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Angela
Sitcoms online is reporting the release date to be Febrary 7th. Now we know that could change and whatnot, but so far it seems to be February :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks