What's new

Windows XP Registration Questions... (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Tim, I urge to just accept what is on the software license agreement that you agreed to when you opened up your software package and install the software on your PC. It's a one for one deal. You can move it around all over creation as long as you remove it from the last place you installed the software on as you hop from one PC to another. That's the legal Modus Operandi.

You are free to do whatever you want with software you own, but you are not allowed to express sentiments that promote software piracy on this forum. Those posts will be deleted, and multiple occurence of the promotion of software piracy on your part will result in your posting privilege being suspended. I really don't know how much clearer I can be on this topic.

Trying to find some analogy between theft of music and theft of software on this forum is a futile exercise. Please, let this matter drop. You know what's the right thing, and what's acceptable on this forum. It's your choice on how you want to proceed from here.

If you care about the "Cover songs" aspect of bands and who gets paid for what, start a post in the Music area, and I'll bet you'll be surprise at how things work in the music business. It's not anything like the software business when it comes to "covering songs", which is nothing like copying software (a perfect copy of software vs. a reinterpration of the ideas/melody/lyric of a song - big difference).

Tim Kilbride

Stunt Coordinator
Patrick,
In my previous post I emphatically stated:

I too do NOT advocate in any way the unauthorized use of any software product
I am to understand that this is a forum...to discuss things such as the 'difference' between two types of intellectual property; software and music. Aaron has introduced himself to me as a software developer/writer and I am in the entertainment industry. I value his opinions and would like to hear them. I feel I have kept all post professional and on a positive note. Just a note...I also have in my care, over 400 pc's on a large network, at a major convention center...and I stand behind my liscensing practices. Every machine has it's own documented Microsoft liscensed software running, from Windows95 to XP. So as I also value your opinion, I feel the tone of your last post was errant to the discussion at hand.

Thank You,
Tim Kilbride

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks