What's new

Windows Media Center - No Netflix? (1 Viewer)

erew99

Second Unit
Real Name
Guy
Hi,
I never used any streaming in my MC until today. I finally have wireless access attached to my HTPC.

I setup Amazon Instant Video streaming today, which is currently being fixed from the author.
I also tried to setup Netflix, but there is no icon anywhere, that I can see. I'm using the Homeworld theme. I've even removed it to see if it was hidden or something...
Anyone have any idea what I'm missing?!

Thanks!!

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Known problem with WMC.

The only prayer that might work(depends on system itself outside WMC as well) is if you remove all "shared" (in other words, profiles) WMC and go down to basic. Then maybe, maybe, you'll have access.

Basically Netflix hasn't updated its WMC driver in how long? It doesn't work on Windows 8.1, at all.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Which version of Windows are you using? That's going to bare a lot of impact.. and, FYI, there is a way to make it work in Windows 8.1.... but most of us stick with Win7 for an MCE, as you can make it boot straight into MCE and lock it full screen.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks