What's new

WIND coming to DVD on 3/11!!!! (1 Viewer)

Chris S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris S
Great review Joel! I'm glad to see that they did a decent job with the video transfer. My biggest fear was that they would just slap something together and it would look horrible.

Chris S.

Ron Eastman

Second Unit
I stopped at Circuit City right after they opened to pick this one up since David Lambert's roundup showed they had the best price. The clerk there tried to look it up and said that he had no record of this movie coming out today. Next I went to the local Best Buy over lunch and checked the shelves and couldn't find it. I asked my favorite clerk there and she went disappeared for a moment and came right back with it. The moral of the story - if at first you don't find it, ask. (Just not a Circuit City)

Also, thanks for the review Joel.

Jan Strnad

Screenwriter
Dick wrote: Yeah, when I saw the topic header I thought this was the movie they were talking about. A great film, and one worth having on DVD.
Jan

Matt Stryker

Screenwriter
Real Name
Matt
I pretty much agree with Joels review, although I was actually quite pleased with the sound; I don't know a DD 5.1 mix would have helped that much. I did see the grain, especially on the outdoor shots later in the movie.

I also noticed there was nudity (when the girls are standing on the boat during the second Americas Cup final) that I had never seen before. I had never noticed that before, and looking at the rating, the censors may have missed it too.

This movie makes a great DLP demo, since there aren't as many dark scenes and there are some really vibrant colors. I watched the race scenes again on my friends CRT RPTV, and they didn't jump out quite as much.

(Just not a Circuit City)
I noted that in the Weekly Roundup thread...I guess CC just figured no one wanted this one.

DarrenA

Second Unit
This movie makes a great DLP demo, since there aren't as many dark scenes and there are some really vibrant colors. I watched the race scenes again on my friends CRT RPTV, and they didn't jump out quite as much.
Yes, but on a CRT FPTV the colors look amazing! I'd say your friend needs a little color calibration on his RPTV. This is a title that should shine on virtually any TV.

Yumbo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris Caine
well,

watching it...quite soft, bit grainy.
sounds a bit harsh, otherwise watchable.

the rating is a bit off!

Mark Zimmer

Senior HTF Member
So when do we get the 1928 version, which is what I keep thinking this thread is referring to????

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation233
Recent bookmarks