Will We see Step By Step on DVD

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Rodrick, Mar 27, 2009.

1. Rodrick

Rodrick Second Unit

WE haven't heard anything on this yet. I can't believe not one season of this has been talked about

2. Greg_S_H

Greg_S_H Executive Producer

Greg
    Mmm, Staci Keanan.

I have no insight, I'm afraid. Warners did that Television Favorites release a few years ago. It might be a concern that we've seen nothing further.

3. AnthonyC

AnthonyC Cinematographer

Dude, it was always about Christine Lakin. [​IMG] I have the TV Favorites disc and would absolutely pick up the series if it were released. It is kind of surprising that they didn't bring season 1 out along, say, Growing Pains or something.

4. Rodrick

Rodrick Second Unit

WHAT what Tv Favorites Disc? What, Who, was and what shows were on it.

5. Greg_S_H

Greg_S_H Executive Producer

Greg
    I think they had several volumes featuring different shows, but the Step by Step one had:

9/20/91: Pilot
    10/4/91: Rules of the House
    10/9/92: JT's World
    12/10/93: Christmas Story
    12/16/94: I'll Be Home for Christmas
    10/3/97: Your Cheatin' Heart

Amazon.com: Step by Step (Television Favorites Compilation): Patrick Duffy, Suzanne Somers, Brandon Call, Staci Keanan, Angela Watson, Christine Lakin, Christopher Castile, Josh Byrne, Sasha Mitchell, Jason Marsden, Emily Mae Young, Bronson Pinchot,

It's out of print, but it looks like sellers on Amazon will let you have it for around $6 new.

Here is a list of some more:

http://www.warnervideo.com/wbtvfavorites/

6. satam55

satam55 Stunt Coordinator

Ike
    I hope all 7 season get released.

7. MattPeriolat

MattPeriolat Supporting Actor

Agreed, they really need to take another look at ABC's TGIF lineup. Not just Step by Step, but finishing Perfect Strangers and finally releasing Family Matters. You'd think all three would do well on DVD.

8. Jakerman1988

Jakerman1988 Agent

I managed to get my copy on Ebay for only $5.00 and the episodes are uncut, too.

9. younger1968

younger1968 Cinematographer

paul young
    i think there were poor sales of perfect strangers. Family matters just came out in June 2010. I am not sure sitcoms from 1980s and early 1990s have much interest with today's youth and/or family situation. People are getting more and more interested in shows like Jersey Shore, Batchelor/Batchelorette, etc. The new fall schedule has remake of shows like the La Femme Nikita and Hawaii Five-O.

I myself would love to see Family Ties and Growing Pains Completed. Growing Pains to me was really only good for about 1-3 seasons or when Kirk Cameron's character was in highschool. The series started to take a dip when Mike's character graduated highschool and moved on to college and near the end was teaching highschool.