What's new

Will we ever get Filmation shows???? (1 Viewer)

Randy*S

Second Unit
Real Name
Randy
Does anyone think we will ever get "Any" Filmation shows on dvd?? Besides Star Trek and Fat Albert that is.
Just wondering because I grew up with these shows just as much as the other great Hanna-Barbera and Kroft shows and since hallmark sold all or almost all of them to a uk company. Tvshowsondvd.com seemed hopeful, but it seems unlikely to me that a uk company would go through the trouble and expense to export them over here.
What do you all think? Any hope in sight for these saturday morning icons arriving on dvd? :confused:
The shows I want the most on dvd are:
Jason of Star Command, Space Academy, Shazam!, Isis, Ark II
He-Man and the Masters of the Universe, She-Ra: Princess of Power, Bravestarr, The Super Seven (from Tarzan and The Super Seven), Star Trek: The Animated Series. :D

But I would buy the rest of them too!!
The rest of them are:
Fat Albert and the Cosby Kids which is available from time/life.
Gilligan's Planet, Lassie's Rescue Rangers, My Favorite Martian (animated version), and shows starring Superman, Batman, Aquaman, The Archies, Sabrina the Teenage Witch, Tarzan, and Flash Gordon, The Brady Kids, The Groovy Ghoulies,
Ghost Busters The version with "Tracy" the ape not the one with "Slimer" both live-action and animated series.

Randy*S

Second Unit
Real Name
Randy
Does anyone think we will ever get "Any" Filmation shows on dvd?? Besides Star Trek and Fat Albert that is.
Just wondering because I grew up with these shows just as much as the other great Hanna-Barbera and Kroft shows and since hallmark sold all or almost all of them to a uk company. Tvshowsondvd.com seemed hopeful, but it seems unlikely to me that a uk company would go through the trouble and expense to export them over here.
What do you all think? Any hope in sight for these saturday morning icons arriving on dvd? :confused:
The shows I want the most on dvd are:
Jason of Star Command, Space Academy, Shazam!, Isis, Ark II
He-Man and the Masters of the Universe, She-Ra: Princess of Power, Bravestarr, The Super Seven (from Tarzan and The Super Seven), Star Trek: The Animated Series. :D

But I would buy the rest of them too!!
The rest of them are:
Fat Albert and the Cosby Kids which is available from time/life.
Gilligan's Planet, Lassie's Rescue Rangers, My Favorite Martian (animated version), and shows starring Superman, Batman, Aquaman, The Archies, Sabrina the Teenage Witch, Tarzan, and Flash Gordon, The Brady Kids, The Groovy Ghoulies,
Ghost Busters The version with "Tracy" the ape not the one with "Slimer" both live-action and animated series.

NolanJ

Second Unit
A British company just purchased the Filmation library, so I would be very surprised if we didn't see some of these shows in DVD format soon.

I'm particularly awaiting He-Man and the Masters of the Universe sets.

NolanJ

Second Unit
A British company just purchased the Filmation library, so I would be very surprised if we didn't see some of these shows in DVD format soon.

I'm particularly awaiting He-Man and the Masters of the Universe sets.

Mick Tees

Second Unit
Randy - I'm with you all the way. We need to have the Filmation library out on DVD. Complete seasons of everything you mentioned. I grew up watching these gems on Saturday mornings.

My tv shows on dvd library just wouldn't be complete without these titles.

Does anybody else need or want to have these titles on dvd?

:cool:

Mick Tees

Second Unit
Randy - I'm with you all the way. We need to have the Filmation library out on DVD. Complete seasons of everything you mentioned. I grew up watching these gems on Saturday mornings.

My tv shows on dvd library just wouldn't be complete without these titles.

Does anybody else need or want to have these titles on dvd?

:cool:

Dane Marvin

Screenwriter
Whoever these British folks are, I think they've definitely got something up their sleeves. Perhaps they'd like to license some of that stuff out to Rhino, who I'm sure is dying to get their hands on He-Man. :)

Dane Marvin

Screenwriter
Whoever these British folks are, I think they've definitely got something up their sleeves. Perhaps they'd like to license some of that stuff out to Rhino, who I'm sure is dying to get their hands on He-Man. :)

Eric Paddon

Screenwriter
I'm hoping for pristine episodes of Isis someday on DVD to replace the awful looking ones I have from Sci-Fi Europe.

Eric Paddon

Screenwriter
I'm hoping for pristine episodes of Isis someday on DVD to replace the awful looking ones I have from Sci-Fi Europe.

Tory

-The Snappy Sneezer- -Red Huck-
Real Name
Tory
I need them all in season box sets especially Gilligan's Planet but also Fat Albert, He-Man, She-Ra and the rest.

Tory

-The Snappy Sneezer- -Red Huck-
Real Name
Tory
I need them all in season box sets especially Gilligan's Planet but also Fat Albert, He-Man, She-Ra and the rest.

Randy*S

Second Unit
Real Name
Randy
Has anyone ordered any of the Fat Albert dvd's from time-life.com yet? Are they any good? I've been waiting until I could afford their whole set and have'nt seen them yet.

Me too, I just met Joanna last year at a sci-fi con.
She is one of the sweetest persons I've ever met in my life!:D

Randy*S

Second Unit
Real Name
Randy
Has anyone ordered any of the Fat Albert dvd's from time-life.com yet? Are they any good? I've been waiting until I could afford their whole set and have'nt seen them yet.

Me too, I just met Joanna last year at a sci-fi con.
She is one of the sweetest persons I've ever met in my life!:D

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
The Fat Albert discs at T/L are excellent. I expect them to hit stores when the new live-action film hits theaters, but there's no need to wait!

Details are here about the Brit buy-out of Filmation's library.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
The Fat Albert discs at T/L are excellent. I expect them to hit stores when the new live-action film hits theaters, but there's no need to wait!

Details are here about the Brit buy-out of Filmation's library.

Claude North

Second Unit
If you go to http://www.archiecomics.com you can order DVDs of the old Filmation Archie cartoons. Haven't bought them myself, so I cannot comment on the quality.

Personally, I would LOVE to see all those 1960s DC Comics cartoons released on DVD (with their original titles,etc., and not in that irritating repackaged form that turned up on USA Network), as well as The New Adventures of Batman from the 1970s, which was very much in the style of the 1960s Batman cartoons. This was the series that featured Bat-Mite and did not feature any violence or Batfights.

Claude North

Second Unit
If you go to http://www.archiecomics.com you can order DVDs of the old Filmation Archie cartoons. Haven't bought them myself, so I cannot comment on the quality.

Personally, I would LOVE to see all those 1960s DC Comics cartoons released on DVD (with their original titles,etc., and not in that irritating repackaged form that turned up on USA Network), as well as The New Adventures of Batman from the 1970s, which was very much in the style of the 1960s Batman cartoons. This was the series that featured Bat-Mite and did not feature any violence or Batfights.

Andrew Radke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Andrew Radke
If 'He-Man & The Master of the Universe' were to ever become available, I'd be thrilled!! This was by far my favorite cartoon growing up. I had all of the old Mattel figures, accessories, Castle Grayskull........the works. lol. I'd also like to get 'She-Ra: Princess Of Power' which I enjoyed just as much. Also somewhere down the line, I'd love to see DVD releases of both "The Secret of the Sword", and the "He-Man & She-Ra Christmas Special". Hopefully we won't have to wait too long for this to happen. I'd pick seasons sets up quicker than you can say "I have the power!!!". lol.

Andrew Radke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Andrew Radke
If 'He-Man & The Master of the Universe' were to ever become available, I'd be thrilled!! This was by far my favorite cartoon growing up. I had all of the old Mattel figures, accessories, Castle Grayskull........the works. lol. I'd also like to get 'She-Ra: Princess Of Power' which I enjoyed just as much. Also somewhere down the line, I'd love to see DVD releases of both "The Secret of the Sword", and the "He-Man & She-Ra Christmas Special". Hopefully we won't have to wait too long for this to happen. I'd pick seasons sets up quicker than you can say "I have the power!!!". lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.