Will WB ever release Yogi Bear and Tom & Jerry on Blu-ray?

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by happyfa5, Jul 25, 2010.

1. happyfa5

happyfa5 Extra

Do you Hanna-Barbera junkies out there think that the smarter than the average bear Yogi and ever-popular cat and mouse superstars Tom and Jerry will have a future on BLU-RAY from Warner Brothers?

2. Adam Gregorich

Owner

Adam
    While I would love to see it, I don't see any of these on Blu-ray in a "picinic basket" neat you anytime soon. There just isn't a market for it yet, I don't think enough people would upgrade their DVDs to BD.

3. ChrisALM

ChrisALM Supporting Actor

Chris
    With regard to classic animation, it would seem to me that WB would do a Looney Tunes Blu-ray release before any of the HB stuff.

4. Joe Tor1

Joe Tor1 Second Unit

When WB finally decides to complete THE HUCKLEBERRY HOUND SHOW and finds a way to give us Quick Draw McGraw outside of Saturday Morning Cartoon Collections, then we can begin to think about other things.

And I fear It'll be a long time in coming!

5. Greg Chenoweth

Greg Chenoweth Supporting Actor

The topic title is misleading. I thought an announcement had come out that they were coming to blu-ray. The only Yogi Bear release that will be on blu-ray any time soon will be the theatrical movie that is coming out in December when it hits home video in the spring.

6. Joe Tor1

Joe Tor1 Second Unit

Good point, Greg! There should be some thought put into titling a post. Or moderation should suggest modifying misleading ones. It was MY first impression too!

7. Adam Gregorich

Owner

Adam

Sorry I didn't catch that when I initially responded. I have renamed the thread.

8. Traveling Matt

Traveling Matt Second Unit

Frankly, I'd like to see WB do Tom and Jerry properly on DVD first. Unrestored, edited and incomplete sets such as the Spotlight Collections are not what I consider done.

I have yet to pick up any T&J DVDs as a result.

9. dana martin

dana martin Cinematographer

Dana Martin

AMEN! although i have all of the spotlight collections, and the Chuck Jones set, they really never have been done in what i would say is the correct way, i have posted many time on that subject alone Just the Theatricals.