What's new

Will WB ever release Yogi Bear and Tom & Jerry on Blu-ray? (1 Viewer)

happyfa5

Grip
Real Name
Jim
Do you Hanna-Barbera junkies out there think that the smarter than the average bear Yogi and ever-popular cat and mouse superstars Tom and Jerry will have a future on BLU-RAY from Warner Brothers?

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
While I would love to see it, I don't see any of these on Blu-ray in a "picinic basket" neat you anytime soon. There just isn't a market for it yet, I don't think enough people would upgrade their DVDs to BD.

ChrisALM

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Chris
With regard to classic animation, it would seem to me that WB would do a Looney Tunes Blu-ray release before any of the HB stuff.

Joe Tor1

Second Unit
Real Name
Joe Torcivia
When WB finally decides to complete THE HUCKLEBERRY HOUND SHOW and finds a way to give us Quick Draw McGraw outside of Saturday Morning Cartoon Collections, then we can begin to think about other things.

And I fear It'll be a long time in coming!

Greg Chenoweth

Supporting Actor
The topic title is misleading. I thought an announcement had come out that they were coming to blu-ray. The only Yogi Bear release that will be on blu-ray any time soon will be the theatrical movie that is coming out in December when it hits home video in the spring.

Joe Tor1

Second Unit
Real Name
Joe Torcivia
Originally Posted by Greg Chenoweth

The topic title is misleading. I thought an announcement had come out that they were coming to blu-ray. The only Yogi Bear release that will be on blu-ray any time soon will be the theatrical movie that is coming out in December when it hits home video in the spring.

Good point, Greg! There should be some thought put into titling a post. Or moderation should suggest modifying misleading ones. It was MY first impression too!

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
Originally Posted by Joe Tor1
Good point, Greg! There should be some thought put into titling a post. Or moderation should suggest modifying misleading ones. It was MY first impression too!

Sorry I didn't catch that when I initially responded. I have renamed the thread.

Traveling Matt

Supporting Actor
Frankly, I'd like to see WB do Tom and Jerry properly on DVD first. Unrestored, edited and incomplete sets such as the Spotlight Collections are not what I consider done.

I have yet to pick up any T&J DVDs as a result.

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
Originally Posted by Traveling Matt

Frankly, I'd like to see WB do Tom and Jerry properly on DVD first. Unrestored, edited and incomplete sets such as the Spotlight Collections are not what I consider done.

I have yet to pick up any T&J DVDs as a result.

AMEN! although i have all of the spotlight collections, and the Chuck Jones set, they really never have been done in what i would say is the correct way, i have posted many time on that subject alone Just the Theatricals.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks