What's new

Will Vega$ Ever Be Released? (1 Viewer)

MattPeriolat

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Matthew
I'm surprised and optimistic. This has been out of syndication for a while so I hope word of mouth and fan base support is strong enough to keep it going past one season.

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter
I guess I spoke to soon, as I see they updated the information. I can't pass this up regardless of volumes thats how good this show is. I bloody well hate volumes but they got me here.

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
As I posted in another thread I'd like to hear CBS's Rationale for splitting this 22 episode season, when the 25 episode Mannix is a full season, it makes no sense.

Duane Alford

Second Unit
I'd like to hear their rationale too. On TVShowsOnDVD.com out of 992 votes, 974 want the complete season set. Why don't they understand this?

Powell&Pressburger

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jack
It will feel like or take more than 3 years now to get this full series more than likely. Sales will drop by each volume release, and they will charge proabably 36.99 or so retail per volume. I would rather have them release the full season and up the retail price then half to wait forever for the second volume. I will have died before all of Dynasty is released.

cajunhillbilly

Screenwriter
Real Name
Willard
I will proably get the series as well. Loved Robert Urich. Now if only Amerika the miniseries would come out on official dvd.

Stephen Wight

Second Unit
Real Name
Stephen
I read the news Monday,but this is the first chance I've had to reply.Not much for me to say that hasn't already been said.I hate split sets as much as the next person,but,it's the old line,"Better split sets than no sets at all.So,I'll still be getting Vega$.I've been waiting long enough for it to be released,that I'm not going to get it just because the seasons are split.By the way,tvshowsondvd has the artwork up.It looks damn good.

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter
That artwork is really nice!, You just wish they would have done right and released the season as a whole. But I am excited it is finally coming & can't wait to get my paws on it, half season or not.

Powell&Pressburger

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jack
Not very excited for a half season round of bull from Paramount again, it is getting really annoying the LEAST LEAST they could do is release both volumes at one time for those who want the full season. This should be the standard.

it would be better to release a COMPLETE series set for a show that had a shorter run I would grab that up faster.

I was not very impressed with the FONT on the spine at all ... it doesn't seem to fit something feels off about it. it could change - probably just for selling purposes
Edited by Powell&Pressburger - 7/29/2009 at 08:14 pm GMT

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member
Many have offered their guesses on the CBS/P split-season marketing strategy, but my guess is, perhaps due to their pre-release data, they release these s/s sets for shows that their research indicates the s/s shows are in a higher-risk sales tier compared, say, to Mannix which is seeing full-season releases.

Just my guess and I'm not saying that I agree with it but it's all a business and it's understandable that they might use this mkting plan.

That said, count me out for trying to understand a pattern or predict these s/s vs full-season releases. At first, it seemed to appear that it was a black/white show pattern, meaning that the older B/W shows were released in s/s sets vs the color-era shows. But that rule doesn't hold up with some of the color shows also seeing s/s releases.

Vega$, for me, falls into my "maybe" buy list due to the s/s release. I liked the show but it's not one of my all-time favorites. Unfortunately, when they s/s these shows, it puts some of the potential sales #'s in jeopardy. I'm in that category, realizing that the possible sales # losses may affect whether we see S1V2 released.

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
i think the first split season was Lost In Space season 2. I as I remember that far back, it was due to the complaints Fox got on the cost of the complete season 1 and in their wisdom, they decided to split Season 2 into two volumes and charge several buck higher than half the cost of Season 1, but sill enough below the Season 1 cost to convince some people it was a bargain. At the present I am buying only split seasons of Dynasty and I will get Vegas, but nothing else attracts my attention. I could be wrong, but it seems that CBS/Paramount, VCI and Fox are the only two studios releasing series in split seasons amd thank goodness it is only the one hour shows and not the sitcoms.

I am not in favor of this way to release seasons, but if the right show comes along I will succumb.

HenryDuBrow

Screenwriter
Real Name
Henry.
Originally Posted by Jeff Willis ">[/url]

Many have offered their guesses on the CBS/P split-season marketing strategy, but my guess is, perhaps due to their pre-release data, they release these s/s sets for shows that their research indicates the s/s shows are in a higher-risk sales tier compared, say, to Mannix which is seeing full-season releases.

Just my guess and I'm not saying that I agree with it but it's all a business and it's understandable that they might use this mkting plan.

That said, count me out for trying to understand a pattern or predict these s/s vs full-season releases. At first, it seemed to appear that it was a black/white show pattern, meaning that the older B/W shows were released in s/s sets vs the color-era shows. But that rule doesn't hold up with some of the color shows also seeing s/s releases.

Vega$, for me, falls into my "maybe" buy list due to the s/s release. I liked the show but it's not one of my all-time favorites. Unfortunately, when they s/s these shows, it puts some of the potential sales #'s in jeopardy. I'm in that category, realizing that the possible sales # losses may affect whether we see S1V2 released.[/QUOTE]Maybe their idea of the s/s thing is, that people like yourself - the casual fan - can purchase just enough to see if it's to your liking, rather than pay more for a show's full season. Just a thought. I can't wait to see it again, and I think the cover looks okay taking its surrounding gamblin' locales into account; flamboyant and bad taste.

kingfish

Screenwriter
Real Name
Paul Pisano
Originally Posted by Corey3rd

at least it's only a 3 season show versus 20 seasons of Gunsmoke split up.
I believe that Vega$ ran for more than three seasons.

kingfish

Screenwriter
Real Name
Paul Pisano
Originally Posted by Aryn Leroux

Has there been a split release that never saw volume 2 released ?
I am still waiting for season 4 volume 2 of Voyage to the bottom of the sea.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks