Will This Work With A Mac

Discussion in 'Apple' started by Carter of Mars, Aug 30, 2007.

1. Carter of Mars

Carter of Mars Stunt Coordinator

2. Christian Behrens

Christian Behrens Supporting Actor

Christian Behrens
    Should work just fine, although personally I prefer Firewire for my external devices (higher sustained speeds, which is important for burning). Plus on the Mac FW is faster than USB2 anyway.

-Christian

3. ErichH

ErichH Screenwriter

The drive will work fine. I agree with Christian - Firewire is a better choice for speed, but are hard to find in that price range.
    BTW - Pioneer DVR-112 internal drives are around 30-35 bucks if you need something for a Desktop Mac (G4/G5/MacPro,etc)

4. Carter of Mars

Carter of Mars Stunt Coordinator

No, it's for a laptop. I've been using USB 2.0 for awhile with my drive and it's been fine. Thanks for the help. I'll let you know how it works out.

5. JohnRice

JohnRice Lead Actor

John
    I have been using external Pioneer DVD drives for about 4 years with no problem. The system will recognize it automatically. BTW, for full functionality with apps like iTunes and iMovie you may need to install PatchBurn, which I have also used for years. Start without it, but if you ever find you can't do something with the drive, install it and it should be fixed. The fact is, I just install it by default.