What's new

Will this work for all 5 speakers? (1 Viewer)

William_M

Auditioning
hey, i have some 5.1 computer speakers, im trynig to connect them to a reciever, if i hoook it up like this, will it work for all 5 speakers or just the front ones?

A Home Entertainment System or other component device with RCA outputs (red and white audio cables)
You'll need to convert the RCA audio outputs of your device to a standard 3.5mm male connector. To do so, you'll need to purchase an adapter or a series of adapters at your local electronics store. On one end of the adapter should be 2 female RCA connectors, on the other end should be a 3.5mm male connector. Once you have the adapter, you can either connect it to the front of your Z-680 control pod via the line-in jack or in the back of the control pod with the green analog input plug. Set your Z-680 to Direct mode and choose the desired effect.

John S

Senior HTF Member
You don't get 5.1, unless you connect directly to the speakers with a DD 5.1 AVR from it's speaker cables.

Or, you connect optically to them. In general I tell people it is not possible to use the computer 5.1 system, unless you use your PC as your HT PC.

best of luck with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks