What's new

Will These Ever Be Released? (1 Viewer)

Chas_Michael

Second Unit
Here's a list of movies I would love to own on DVD...Maybe someday?

White Heat

Roaring Twenties

Johnny Come Lately

Angels With Dirty Faces

Kiss Tomorrow Good-Bye

The Rest Of The Cagney Movies

Pretty Poison (Tuesday Weld)

Killers Three (Dick Clark!)

House Of Numbers

Convicts Four

Amazing Colossal Man

War Of The Colossal Beast

Giant Behemoth

Earth Vs Flying Saucers

Ride Beyond Vengence

Lady Dracula

Cheech & Chongs Next Movie

Time Of Their Lives

Hold Thst Ghost

Hit The Ice

Them

Attack Of The 50 Foot Women

Jekyl And Hyde Together Again

The Rest Of The Marx Brothers Movies

Dean Martin:Matt Helm Movies

Magic

Dirty Dingus Magee

Something For A Lonely Man

80 Steps To Jonah

Pretty Boy Floyd

Tick,Tick,Tick

Once Upon A Time In America

It's A Gift

If I had A Million

The Gazebo

Fastest Gun Alive

Young Man With A Horn

Fate Is The Hunter

A few more..

Angels Wash Their faces

They Made Me A Criminal

Tortilla Flat

Munsters TV

Lost In Space TV

Green Acres TV

The Next Voice You Hear

The Devil And Daniel Webster

Somebody Up There Likes Me

It! The Terror from Outer Space

Honeymooners 39 Episodes

City For Conquest

Glenn Overholt

Senior HTF Member
Gee, I hope so! Personally, I don't want any of those, but I do have a couple of hundred others that I'd like to see. It makes for a good argument against re-releases vs. putting out new movies.

Glenn

Bruce Morrison

Supporting Actor
I'd certainly like to have Pretty Poison on DVD - a remarkable movie that hasn't been around for a long time. I think it's a Fox title - how about it Fox?

Peter M Fitzgerald

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Fitzgerald
Chas,
I like your style! Lots of good stuff on your want list. As you probably already know, various different studios control the rights to those films, but the only one I've heard anything about as far as DVD goes is ONCE UPON A TIME IN AMERICA; I recall rumors earlier this year of it coming to DVD from Warner in late 2002 or perhaps 2003, although I could be completely mistaken about this.
Warner seems to be improving somewhat in releasing their older catalog films on DVD; however, I was disappointed to see a list of upcoming title announcements that listed a DVD release of ATTACK OF THE FIFTY FOOT WOMAN in 2002 from Warner, only to find that it's the rather useless 1993 made-for-TV remake with Darryl Hannah, rather than the 1958 cult classic starring an enlarged Allison Hayes.
Considering Universal's cornucopia of vintage Bob Hope DVDs coming soon (not to mention all the Hitchcock & "Classic Monsters" DVDs from the past couple of years), it wouldn't surprise me if we see Marx Bros, more Abbott & Costello, and W.C. Fields announced for DVD release from them in the next year or two. The wide play these films have gotten on TCM this year (plus Abbott & Costello on AMC), after being unavailable for many years, may be a sign that some of these might see DVD release in the near future, but then again, maybe not. IT'S A GIFT and IF I HAD A MILLION could just as easily be released on DVD by Criterion, under license from Universal, as they have with Universal's MY MAN GODFREY, THE LADY EVE and SULLIVAN'S TRAVELS. Only time will tell.
Perhaps Columbia will dust off their Matt Helm quartet when AUSTIN POWERS III: GOLDMEMBER hits theaters or DVD next year, which seems to be Fox's game plan with the long-awaited OUR MAN FLINT/IN LIKE FLINT double-feature DVD. It's anybody's guess.
Not that I work in the home video/DVD business, because I don't. :)

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
Chas, great list! I'll add a few:

I Am a Fugitive from a Chain Gang

All Through the Night

Treasure of the Sierra Madre

To Have and Have Not

Grand Hotel

The Ninth Configuration

Santa Sangre

Men With Guns

Wings of Desire

...and a few score others!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks