What's new

Will there ever be 16:9 1941 & Always? (1 Viewer)

Mark Pytel

Second Unit
Real Name
Mark Pytel
What with the new super version of Close Encounters of the Third Kind coming out this fall containing all three versions of the movie, wouldn't it be a great time for universal to go back and re-release their often neglected Spielberg movies
1941 and Always? Now I'm not asking for extreme special editions or anything that extravagant, 1941 already had a special edition. All I'm asking for are dvd releases for both the movies in 16:9 widescreen. Both of the previous dvds were non-anamorphic. The only extra that I would prefer is that the 1941 disc would have both versions of the movie, the original theatrical version as well as the extended cut.
I can only hope that universal is reading this and takes my adivice.
BTW, if you ARE reading this.........a new se of waterworld containing the extended tv cut would be nice as well. You did it for Dune..why not this movie too?
-Mark

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen J. Hill
I don't think it's too much to ask, but I would hope that Universal would seriously consider doing HD transfers with an eye towards legacy HD i.e. transfer for HD now and whatever format wins, there will be an HD transfer ready. I don't think SS has come up in support of either format (the BD release of CE3K notwithstanding), so if this type of spin were put on it, they may get his support.

chas speed

Second Unit
Real Name
jeff
The transfer really looks dismal on 1941. It would be nice if they could remaster it. I get the feeling he doesn't give a damn about that title or the Night Gallery pilot. The pilot also screams out to be remastered.

Colby

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Colby
I'd definitely pick up a new version of Always. Great film.

Carter of Mars

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
John Carter
The theatrical cut of 1941 has turned up on Universal's HD channel. Sadly, it's cropped to 1.78:1.

Chad R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chad Rouch
Yeah, but the OAR version of 1941 will be on HDNet Movies in the next few weeks. So, they have a HD transfer, now just need to put it on disc.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks