What's new

Will there be a new release of Halloween? Also DUNE & An American W in London Quest. (1 Viewer)

Gordon McMurphy

Senior HTF Member
Will Anchor Bay's 25th Anniversary Edition of Halloween have DD5.1 EX and DTS 6.1 ES soundtracks? And original mono?

If sales of this are good, it will hopefully prompt Universal into creating a new 2-disc SE of The Thing...

Gordy

Chet_F

Supporting Actor
I'll put my 2 cents in on the Dune issue:
I am a fanatical Dune fan. I've read all of the Dune books minus the sub par prequels put out by Frank Herberts son and have all of the Dune movie versions including the "extended version".

No need for me to explain antyhing since it's all right here(it is a little dated):

http://www.duneworld.org/movie/

Putting that aside I would love a 2 disc set of Dune.

Chet

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
Perhaps you're thinking of the UK box set, which had all of the films except for Curse and Resurrection, and has been available about 6 months. Parts 2 and 3 got new commentaries by film experts (you can see the specs on AB UK's website), but there have been no reports of plans to release that box or those commentaries in R1. AB has been saying that they plan on having a commentary for the Halloween re-release for many months.
I was refering to the UK set. I know that there is no talk about releasing the box in the US, but if the commentaries exist, it isn't that far-fetched to think that they may release them sometime in the future.

As for the H1 commentary...where did you get that info. I only ask, because I haven't read it anywhere.

WillG

Senior HTF Member
"Also, the UK discs with commentaries weren't actually released by AB. The discs were released by Sanctuary, who presumably owns the commentaries; AB just worked with Sanctuary to put the discs in a boxset. Since Universal owns those titles for the US, it seems unlikely that they would license commentaries from Sanctuary."

Acutally, I think this is a good thing. I mean really, I don't care about "Film Expert" Commentaries. I'd rather have commentaries from people who actually worked on the films. I mean, really, what are "Film Experts" going to have to say about H2 and H3? Has anyone here heard them?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks