What's new

Will Sony release this XBR --TV ? (1 Viewer)

Gary SI

Stunt Coordinator
Hi Folks,
Sony is releasing the KD-34XBR960 , does anyone know if Sony will introduce a 30" version? (ie: KD-30XBR960).
The 34" is just a little too big and a 30" would be just about right. I have looked all over for info , but found none. I have contacted Sony and the responce I got was that "they do not give out information about items (tv`s) that are not released. OK so what about the 34" (KD-34XBR960) we new that was comming for a month and a half !!
Please if anyone has any info that you could share , please reply.
I do know that they are comming out with the XS series , but to be honest I have always thought the XBR to be the best choice (more stuff to play with LOL :D )
Thanks again for your help !
Gary

Gary SI

Stunt Coordinator
:D BUMP :D

I realy need some help here guy`s !!

:D :D

Thanks for your time , and I hope you have a fun and safe 4th :)

Gary ;)

Mark:F

Stunt Coordinator
Gary,
Ever since info started coming out re: Sony's new TVs the 30XBR910 has continued to be shown as the only 30" XBR available. As a happy owner of the 34XBR910 I can't see you going wrong with the 30...too bad though that they didn't cut the price a little.

Gary SI

Stunt Coordinator
Hi Mark ,
Thanks for the reply , Yes the 910 are great tv`s , the only problem is that they are just about gone in my area.
CC--sold-out
Cambridge Sound Works --sold out
Tweeter --floor models maybe "a couple" of new ones somewhere in the company (could be anywhere in NE)
I think I waited to long :frowning:
I think that the KD-34XBR960 is going to be the last "new" XBR tube TV that Sony will make.
They are comming out with a new XS series that will have the same tube as the 960 along with there new "super fine pitch apiteure grill" , and given the prefix "KD" I can only sumize that they will be cable card sets.
I think we`ll be looking at a sort of cross between the HS and the XBR .
With the 30"XS msrp of 1399 and the 30"HS of 999 ,
I would take that info to mean that IF they did come out with a KD30XBR960 that the price would be so close to the cost of a 34"XS , that some people would over look the better XBR in fovor of saving a few (very few) $$.
So I will have to see what the new XBR looks like and maybe do some minor remodeling or if the 30"XS looks good , maybe that one.
Before I posted I downloaded the manual for the KD-34XBR960 and it is not a "shared" manual , it is (was printed) only for that TV.
So I think were looking at history , the end of the XBR tube. Keep the one that you have in "tip top shape" as it was the last of the XBR analog TV`s the end of a damn fine line of TV`s .
Thanks again for your reply , and I hope you enjoy your holiday and have a safe and happy 4th :)
Gary ;)

Mauro Colella

Auditioning
Real Name
Mauro
Gary,

I don't have an answer to your question but I do have one question for you and anyone else reading this board.

To those owners of the 30XBR910 or 34XBR910 how do you find the quality of regular cable - that is non-HD material and non-DVD sources? I don't have either TV but am interested in the 34" version. My impressions so far at the local reatilers has left me with a bad impression (severe pixelation artifacts) when viewing non-DVD and non-HD material.

Thanks in advance for any feedback.

PS. I'm in Montreal,Canada and both sets were readily available as of a couple of weeks ago.

Gary SI

Stunt Coordinator
Hi Mauro,
Sorry that I can`t be of any real help , but , on some of the setd that will allow you to such as the XBR I think that you will just have to do a little extra tweaking with controls like SVM , Color Axis , things like that. On sets that only offer you the choice of turning on or off SVM or VMS turn it off and then adjust your sharpness then lower your picture or contrast and bring up your brightness until "bluming" accures ,then back it off a notch. After that you should have a pretty good picture.
Regular cable and ant. it`s realy hard to get a good picture on all channels at the same time (NTSC ----Never The Same Color --).
I`m always adjusting my color , brightness , drives my "nuts" .
That`s the main reason for doing away with NTSC in favor of HD. Not just for a better picture but a more stable picture. (sad part is most people well never know the difference , in fact if you were to take a poll of people on the street I`ll bet most don`t even know that TV is going to change !! )
Anyway , (gee I just wrote another chapter !!!!) Have a happy 4th and good luck !!
Gary

Bill Will

Screenwriter
Gary, If you really want the XBR 910 www.crutchfield.com still has some left at $1,999.99 with a FREE Matching Stand & FREE Shipping. Crurchfield's not cheap but a great place to do business with. Good Luck in the hunt for the 910 & have a Happy 4TH ;)

Bill Will

Screenwriter
I was just checking the Hardware For Sale section & BillB has a 7 month old 910 that was calibrated by Gregg Loewen for only a $1,000 but you would have to pick it up in New Jersy. It's under "FS: Home Theater Equipment" BillB Someone is going to get a GREAT CALIBRATED set at a GREAT PRICE & it's probably still under warranty if it's only 7 months old because it was bought at a B&M store.

Gary SI

Stunt Coordinator
Hi Bill,
Thanks for the info , but a trip to NJ , just won`t happen.:frowning:
But , your right , a 30" XBR calibrated 7 mo`s old , VERY good price. That won`t last.
The Crutchfield offer is also a good deal , but they should realy lower the price , even if it`s just a little like $300 to make up the cost of ISF calibration.
To be honest , I`m kind of looking forward to seeing what there new XS series is going to look like.
Anyway , Have a safe and happy 4th :D
Gary ;)

Mark:F

Stunt Coordinator
Mauro,
You'll always hear that it all depends on the signal quality of each station. Having said that, the 34XBR delivers the finest standard cable picture I've ever seen...much nicer than my 27" Wega, though that's pretty good too. If I didn't have the XBR I'd think the Wega was great. I'd guess that the XBR is just a top quality CRT in its own right, before considering that it's an HDTV too.

RonaldS

Grip
Dear Mauro,

I have a 34xbr910 and have had not problems with regular cable TV. There are no pixelation or artifact problems other than what was normal for my other TV due to problems with the cable signal and not the TV.

Nathan_W

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Nathan
Mauro,

I have the 34xbr910 and had a 27fv17. I actually liked the 27" WEGA's regular cable pic better. On my 34xbr it's still ok, just not quite as good. But I bought it for DVD and HD, not SD, so I'm definitely happy with it.

Steven_Jobe

Stunt Coordinator
Why does everyone keep saying it'll be Sony's "last XBR tube TV?" Has there been any official info on this and if so please post a link.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leif_sauce
Recent bookmarks