What's new

Will Gran Turismo 3 NOT work with PC version of Logitech GT Force USB wheel ? (1 Viewer)

Marc Carra

Supporting Actor
Has anyone tried the Logitech "GT Force" USB wheel designed for the PC, with this game? I thought it was supposed to be compatible?
Marc.

Alister Willis

Auditioning
I'm also interested to know if you can use the Logitech WingMan Formula Force GP wheel with GT3.
It has been stated that you can in the demo:
(Link Removed)
But I don't know for sure about the full game.
In one of the other GT3 threads in the Gaming Software Forum, Mike Caronia has said that he can't use his Logitech Force Feedback wheel with the full game, but he doesn't state which model it is.
Mike, if you're out there, is it the Wingman Formula Force GP?
Anyone else tried this wheel with the full game?
Thanks,
Woody

JasonMC

Stunt Coordinator
Well, Bad news. I just tried my Wingman Formula force with GT3 and the game wouldn't recognize that I had a steering wheel. I tried to configure the wheel and the game would state to plug the wheel into the top usb port, the port I had it in. Bummer.
Jason

mike caronia

Second Unit
i mentioned in the GT3 WOW thread how upset i am.
this is a lame move by sony and logitech.
pure greed on their behalf. i spent close to $200 on their wheel for my pc. when i heard the demo had support i was pretty psyched. now that they're selling a "special" wheel for the ps2, it smells of nothing but soaking their customers. how can the demo support it and not the full game. very weak.
sony & logitech, i will surely think twice about purchasing big ticket items from you in the future. your loss.

Chris Bedard

Stunt Coordinator
Well, I have a friend that works at logitech. He said that the GTForce wheel for PC WILL work with GT3 on the PS2. The only difference is the lack of a dpad on the wheel itself, so you have to leave a controller plugged in for the dpad.
For confirmation, last night I was playing GT3 using his Japanese (Logicool) wheel, which is the GTForce wheel repackaged as a GT3 wheel in Japan, and it worked great. That wheel comes with a lap holder for the wheel too, so you can use it in your lap instead of having to table mount it.
------------------
Chris
My HT and 2000 Celica Site

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks