What's new

Will Ferrell to star in "Land of the Lost" film (1 Viewer)

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
The reason the sleestacks look cool in that pic, is because it looks alot like the original 70s sleestacks !!!!!! Ive now got a sudden urge, to watch my dvd season boxsets of land of the lost !!!!! The movie looks promising.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Yeah, they look excellent. Something tells me they will drop the ball and give us dinos that look too real instead of something like Disney's Dinosaurs! But...never can tell. Cartoonish would be better if they aren't going with cheesy.

Real Name
Shane
lol have you heard that hes also doing watson along with Sascha Barren Cohen (sorry for gramme but Borat, Talladega Nights, Ali G) playing Sherlock Holmes

Tyler Gagnon

Stunt Coordinator
Why! Why! Why! Do they keep putting this guy (Will Ferrell) in soooo many movies,? he is the most overrated, unfunny, Actor, In hollywood today.

Ron68

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Ron
I really liked Farrell in Stranger Than Fiction, if he gives a performance like that in LOTL, then I'll be happy. I'm really interested in this movie, I really like those pics, the Sleestaks look great but I want to see a trailer before I make up my mind about the movie. I don't know if I want it more like the series, which I loved, or more realistic.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Yeah, that ain't working for me. I hope it isn't real. :frowning:

I agree Ferrell is highly overrated. He seems to be a great guy and I'm glad he's having success. Hopefully LotL will be his best film. MUST be better than ELF which I hated.

Any word on cameos? I don't think the actor who played Marshal had anything to do with the DVDs of that show. I was highly disappointed. I'm I'm sure the actors who played the 2 kids would jump at the chance. Also the little caveboy is all grown up and should appear too.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Nice looking poster! If the film can live up to that we might be okay.

Thanks for posting that.
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

Shawn Shultzaberger

Supporting Actor
I thought the trailer during the Super Bowl was good but not outstanding. I will however drag my wife to go see this. I'm curious as to what they did with the original show and how far they take it.

Chris Gerhard

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chris Gerhard
I am not a big fan of making old TV shows into movies but this one might be better than most. I wasn't a fan of the original series but I do recall it, I am too old to really have liked it when it was on being 57 now. So it can't be ruined in my eyes like others can.

Chris

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Saw a trailer for LOTL today before "Monsters vs. Aliens." It looks even worse than I feared. :frowning:

SilverWook

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bill
Yeah, I'm afraid it's going to be a piss take rather than a gentle spoof. I can't believe the Kroffts signed off on this.

Ironic it's coming out the same summer as Star Trek. Many TOS writers worked on the series, making it a cut above most Saturday morning fare of the day.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
I've watched maybe 1 Ferrell movie, Elf (which I didn't like so much). He seems on the road to Backlash City with all these (seemingly) mediocre comedies. I think I'll like this though.... It's just behind Trek as my most anticipated. I really liked the trailer they released. Looks like a few good laughs and some funny effects. They could have done an almost epic movie like Jackson's King Kong but I think it would pale in comparison to that one. A comedy like this will be much better. Leave brain at door material.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks