What's new

Will and Grace Season 8? (1 Viewer)

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
I could be completely misremembering, but wasn't there a problem in one of the seasons with out of order episodes? It seems to me the reason I ditched the series on DVD was because of that... Damn old age.

(The complete series box looks interesting, though.)

EDIT: Okay, I found it. Season Two was the culprit. Makes sense I never went past there. I wonder if Lionsgate is going to fix the error with the series box.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Hmmm. I don't remember that either. Or maybe I just wasn't paying attention when I started watching the sets.

Sometimes there is great bliss in ignorance! :D

David*P

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David
I'm surprised that it hasn't been made known yet which versions of those two live episodes are going to be included or if both are.

The Complete Series package is looking better all the time what with the commentary on the favorite episodes.

I'm glad we only have about a month to go.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
David: Your post prompted me to go poking around and I couldn't come up with anything either. It seems clear that the set will be 4:3 and stereo. There's cover art (which has been kicking around quite awhile) and a chapter listing available:

But I'm very pleased that the release date is getting nearer! :D

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Went right out tonight and picked up my copy of W&G: S8 at my local Target for $29.99. $29.99 seemed to be the pricepoint for all big box retailers.

I've already watched Ep. 1 "Alive & Schticking"...an episode I've never seen before. Maybe because it's not in syndication because it's one of their "live" shows?

So...that was quite a treat. I got to see some of the missed lines and giggling that is, I suppose, the hallmark of shows such as this. I enjoyed it all.

Has anyone else checked these out? Is there anyway to know if these are the east coast or west coast versions of these shows?

Target also had a copy of the Complete series set. I think the price was $169.99. It sure would be nice if any bonus material not included in the early season sets would be made available to fans of the show. Hell, I would send in proofs of purchase from each of the eight sets (plus the single finale disc) to get the bonus material.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Mike,

I have the review copy for WILL & GRACE, and I'll be starting on it tomorrow, so I'll be able to tell you which version they used on the live shows since I have both here to compare them to. (I'm disappointed they didn't include both in the package since in both cases, jokes were changed in the three hours between broadcasts, and the different studio audiences used for each broadcast had very different reactions to the shows.)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
It would definitely be awesome to be able to compare the episodes side-by-side.

FWIW, I thoroughly enjoyed Episode 1 (whichever version I watched)!

It will be kind of bittersweet to know as I finish off this set that there will be no more Will & Grace to come. I had never seen an episode actually broadcast but discovered the show on DVD. My wife and I have thoroughly enjoyed it. The writing level was maintained throughout the entire run and the performances from the four principals have never wained. It'll be sad when it's over. Maybe I'll need to parcel out these remaining episodes judiciously.

Ooooops. We've already watched Episode 2!

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
I'm still kinda interested in the complete series boxset, specifically if the S2 episodes are in the right order or not. I wanna go grab it, but that problem and the general quality going downhill late in the series are keeping me from it.

David*P

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David
So, any word on which version of the live episodes are used? I'm hoping for the East Coast version as I live out in the West.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough

I put the information in my review which was posted last week.

They use the East Coast versions for both live episodes. The West Coast versions, sad to say, were not placed on the disc as bonus features.

David*P

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David
I must need my glasses checked! Thanks for posting the review!

How dumb that both versions weren't included. I thought I had both episodes recorded here from the West Coast but it turns out I only have the bathroom episode:frowning: It'll be neat to compare it to the East Coast version whenever I get that.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks