What's new

Will 4 Ohm speakers with HK do damage? (1 Viewer)

tttrombone

Auditioning
Real Name
tom trombley
I just bought an HK AVR 140 and I am in the process of choosing my speakers. I have my old HTIB speakers but they are 4 ohms. (Samsung speakers from my HT-DS610.) I am not sure if I should use these while shopping around for my new speakers because I dont want to damage either one. I am currently using some OLD tower speakers but want 5.1 sound (Bic H-100 on the way) while looking for speakers. Please advise if its a bad idea to use these.

Thanks in advance!

P.S.
Any advice on a speaker package (without sub) would be great.

Arthur S

Senior HTF Member

Hi Tom

You should be able to use the HTIB speakers with your new HK receiver...however, there is a slight possibility that the HTIB has some kind of equalization specifically designed to accommodate the dedicated HTIB speakers...still, HK is supposed to be able to handle low impedance loads without a problem...I can't really vouch for HK receivers...still, it should be OK...as far as speakers are concerned...I highly recommend speakers from AV123...especially the Onix X-Series...they are currently sold-out until 3/8/07, and for good reason...I have an X-Sub on order in White Shadow Maple...please keep in touch with me.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks