What's new

Wild Wild West Complete Series (1 Viewer)

Brian Himes

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
Now the reunion movies are going to be included. Nope. Still not going ot bite on this one.

However, I will say that this is getting a bit ridiculous. Here I faithfully purchased each and every season when it came out and once again I get screwed. First MASH, then The Brady Bunch and now The Wild Wild West. If I didn't firmly believe that buying the individual seasons as they came out to ensure the entire series gets released, I'd almost just wait for the entire series sets. This kind of practice is getting really, really old.

Sell the individual sets and use that money to buy the series set.
Sorry but this doesn't always work either. Both Amazon and eBay get inundated with these individual sets and most of the time they never sell. And good luck getting a decent price for the sets from local used DVD stores.

jdee28

Screenwriter
Real Name
John
You know that if they ever release the last season of Mission Impossible and Hawaii Five O, that six months later, they're going to come out with the Complete Series set for those shows as well.

It will probably be the same for the split season releases, if they ever get to the last season. Thanks to their own policy that's going to take forever with some shows (Gunsmoke, Perry Mason, Rawhide, My Three Sons).

I'm surprised though we've never seen Hogan's Heroes: The Complete Series. Was there no material to put on a bonus disc, to entice the fans?

michael_ks

Screenwriter
In any event, I will probably sell the season sets on ebay and then buy the complete series. I've done the same for I Love Lucy and Andy Griffith.
I only purchased S1 thus far and may spring for the entire series set over at DD when they hold their semi-annual sale. Maybe one day in the future I can do the same for "The Fugitive", "Route 66" and "The Untouchables" (also 4 season shows). No....wait. First they'd have to get them done correctly in their half season incarnations. And considering that across these series we've had a soundtrack swap, cruddy transfers, picture cropping and missing bumpers, that may be too much to ask...

Seasons 2-4 of WWW had no real inane issues like the above, right?

Brian Himes

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
michael_ks said:
Seasons 2-4 of WWW had no real inane issues like the above, right?
I'm not aware of any issues with seasons 2-4, but I'm not an expert on the show. Everything looked fine to me when I watched the season sets.

HenryDuBrow

Screenwriter
Real Name
Henry.
This is total bullshit, a low trick even for Paramount, first we buy all seasons then they include the TV movies only here in a complete set. :frowning:

Brian Himes

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
HenryDuBrow said:
This is total bullshit, a low trick even for Paramount, first we buy all seasons then they include the TV movies only here in a complete set. :frowning:
I totally agree.
Are the two reunion movies even worth owning? I've never seen either one of them so I'm not sure if the 'magic' would still be there. Renunion movies it seems, just by their nature, are never as good as the original series.
That's not to say that if the TV movies were released separately that I wouldn't pick them up but they are not enough to get me to double dip on the complete series set.

FrancisP

Screenwriter
The 2 movies were not bad. The stories were sillier than the original series. For example, in The Wild Wild West Revisited, Loveless Jr invented his $600 people. A clear take-off on The Six Million Dollar Man. In More Wild Wild West, Victor Buono plays Dr Messenger, a clear take-off on Henry Kissinger. However, Robert Conrad and Ross Martin still had the magic. The snappy repartee between the two actors was delightful. They would be worth owning but not at $80-90.

A complete set of Hogan's Heroes was released but unlike other shows, no movies were ever done. The Wicked Dreams of Paula Schultz came close. Bob Crane was a quick-witted smuggler who gets tied up with Elke Sommer. Werner Klemperer was a bumbling east german official and John Banner was his even stupider assistant. The jokes were pretty much the same. Would love to see it on dvd but I'm not holding my breath for it.

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve
I hear that Bob Crane had some home movies that he took. Perhaps those could be tacked onto a complete series release for HH to provide the viewer with a behind the scenes glimpse??
:D

Carabimero

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
I'm not surprised at Paramount at all. They did this same crap with THE ANDY GRIFFITH SHOW. I supported that entire run, bought all eight seasons, then they put out a COMPLETE set with the reunion movie and didn't offer it for sale separately. There wouldn't be complete sets without the loyal season buyers and they always seemed to get screwed.
As far as those home movies taken by Bob Crane, I'm not sure they'd be rated for family viewing.
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

Duane Alford

Second Unit
Brian Himes said:
Now the reunion movies are going to be included. Nope. Still not going ot bite on this one.
However, I will say that this is getting a bit ridiculous. Here I faithfully purchased each and every season when it came out and once again I get screwed. First MASH, then The Brady Bunch and now The Wild Wild West. If I didn't firmly believe that buying the individual seasons as they came out to ensure the entire series gets released, I'd almost just wait for the entire series sets. This kind of practice is getting really, really old.
Sorry but this doesn't always work either. Both Amazon and eBay get inundated with these individual sets and most of the time they never sell. And good luck getting a decent price for the sets from local used DVD stores.
Yeah this is getting ridiculous. If we don't buy the individual season sets, then the show gets abandoned. But when we buy the season sets, we still get screwed. I guess we should consider ourselves lucky Warner Bros. didn't put out a Dukes Of Hazzard Complete Series set and only include the reunion movies on it.

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
Brian Himes said:
I totally agree.
Are the two reunion movies even worth owning? I've never seen either one of them so I'm not sure if the 'magic' would still be there. Renunion movies it seems, just by their nature, are never as good as the original series.
That's not to say that if the TV movies were released separately that I wouldn't pick them up but they are not enough to get me to double dip on the complete series set.
I have to say paramount should do something for those of use that supported the original release. The reunion movies were ok, better than some, but you would'nt be missing alot if you did'nt have them. I just saw the 93 movie for the Odd Couple on HBO the other day, it was made when Klugman was recovering from Cancer and it was mostly a dramedy about surviving cancer. Being the original was a fantastic comedy the shift to drama was disconcerting to say the least. The Lesson... Enjoy the original folks.

Carabimero

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
Whether the WWW movies are any good or not, its the continued disloyalty to faithful buyers that irks me, among other things.

Jimmy M

Second Unit
Paramount also did the same thing with MacGyver and included the movies only in the complete series set.
Jimmy!

Carabimero

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
It seems to me they could make even more money buy releasing these reunion movies in separate sets after a certain amount of time has passed with the complete sets being the only way to get them. They're losing money with their current strategy and I can say that with certainty because I would've bought RETURN TO MAYBERRY and instead I acquired it through 'other' means. Same goes with the WWW reunion movies. Would've bought them. Now I won't.

Duane Alford

Second Unit
Warner did it with The Dukes Of Hazzard reunion movies. $20, for two tv movies is high, but I had no problem paying it since I got the movies I never did see. Yeah, Paramount is losing out on the opportunity to make extra money on this and screw the people that bought the season sets at the same time.

BobSchneider

Second Unit
Honestly Im happy with the four single season sets Ive got . Im old enough to remember the two reunion movie when they were shown first run on tv and while they were fun (first ones better than the second) I cant justify a double dip on this set just to get the reunion movies for the price of the series set. Hmmm sorry no.:laugh:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks