Wild Wild West Complete Series

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by jdee28, Jul 14, 2008.

1. Brian Himes

Brian Himes Screenwriter

Brian
    Now the reunion movies are going to be included. Nope. Still not going ot bite on this one.

However, I will say that this is getting a bit ridiculous. Here I faithfully purchased each and every season when it came out and once again I get screwed. First MASH, then The Brady Bunch and now The Wild Wild West. If I didn't firmly believe that buying the individual seasons as they came out to ensure the entire series gets released, I'd almost just wait for the entire series sets. This kind of practice is getting really, really old.

2. jdee28

jdee28 Screenwriter

John
    You know that if they ever release the last season of Mission Impossible and Hawaii Five O, that six months later, they're going to come out with the Complete Series set for those shows as well.

It will probably be the same for the split season releases, if they ever get to the last season. Thanks to their own policy that's going to take forever with some shows (Gunsmoke, Perry Mason, Rawhide, My Three Sons).

I'm surprised though we've never seen Hogan's Heroes: The Complete Series. Was there no material to put on a bonus disc, to entice the fans?

3. michael_ks

michael_ks Screenwriter

4. Brian Himes

Brian Himes Screenwriter

Brian
    I'm not aware of any issues with seasons 2-4, but I'm not an expert on the show. Everything looked fine to me when I watched the season sets.

5. HenryDuBrow

HenryDuBrow Screenwriter

Henry.
    This is total bullshit, a low trick even for Paramount, first we buy all seasons then they include the TV movies only here in a complete set. [​IMG]

6. Brian Himes

Brian Himes Screenwriter

Brian
    I totally agree.
    Are the two reunion movies even worth owning? I've never seen either one of them so I'm not sure if the 'magic' would still be there. Renunion movies it seems, just by their nature, are never as good as the original series.
    That's not to say that if the TV movies were released separately that I wouldn't pick them up but they are not enough to get me to double dip on the complete series set.

7. FrancisP

FrancisP Screenwriter

The 2 movies were not bad. The stories were sillier than the original series. For example, in The Wild Wild West Revisited, Loveless Jr invented his $600 people. A clear take-off on The Six Million Dollar Man. In More Wild Wild West, Victor Buono plays Dr Messenger, a clear take-off on Henry Kissinger. However, Robert Conrad and Ross Martin still had the magic. The snappy repartee between the two actors was delightful. They would be worth owning but not at $80-90.

A complete set of Hogan's Heroes was released but unlike other shows, no movies were ever done. The Wicked Dreams of Paula Schultz came close. Bob Crane was a quick-witted smuggler who gets tied up with Elke Sommer. Werner Klemperer was a bumbling east german official and John Banner was his even stupider assistant. The jokes were pretty much the same. Would love to see it on dvd but I'm not holding my breath for it.

8. Steve...O

Steve...O Producer

Steve
    I hear that Bob Crane had some home movies that he took. Perhaps those could be tacked onto a complete series release for HH to provide the viewer with a behind the scenes glimpse??
    [​IMG]

9. Carabimero

Carabimero Cinematographer
    Supporter

Alan
    I'm not surprised at Paramount at all. They did this same crap with THE ANDY GRIFFITH SHOW. I supported that entire run, bought all eight seasons, then they put out a COMPLETE set with the reunion movie and didn't offer it for sale separately. There wouldn't be complete sets without the loyal season buyers and they always seemed to get screwed.
    As far as those home movies taken by Bob Crane, I'm not sure they'd be rated for family viewing. [​IMG]

10. Duane Alford

Duane Alford Second Unit

Yeah this is getting ridiculous. If we don't buy the individual season sets, then the show gets abandoned. But when we buy the season sets, we still get screwed. I guess we should consider ourselves lucky Warner Bros. didn't put out a Dukes Of Hazzard Complete Series set and only include the reunion movies on it.

11. Dave Scarpa

Dave Scarpa Producer

David Scarpa
    I have to say paramount should do something for those of use that supported the original release. The reunion movies were ok, better than some, but you would'nt be missing alot if you did'nt have them. I just saw the 93 movie for the Odd Couple on HBO the other day, it was made when Klugman was recovering from Cancer and it was mostly a dramedy about surviving cancer. Being the original was a fantastic comedy the shift to drama was disconcerting to say the least. The Lesson... Enjoy the original folks.

12. Carabimero

Supporter

Alan
    Whether the WWW movies are any good or not, its the continued disloyalty to faithful buyers that irks me, among other things.

13. Jimmy M

Jimmy M Second Unit

Paramount also did the same thing with MacGyver and included the movies only in the complete series set.
    Jimmy!

14. Carabimero

Supporter

Alan
    It seems to me they could make even more money buy releasing these reunion movies in separate sets after a certain amount of time has passed with the complete sets being the only way to get them. They're losing money with their current strategy and I can say that with certainty because I would've bought RETURN TO MAYBERRY and instead I acquired it through 'other' means. Same goes with the WWW reunion movies. Would've bought them. Now I won't.

15. Duane Alford

Duane Alford Second Unit

Warner did it with The Dukes Of Hazzard reunion movies. $20, for two tv movies is high, but I had no problem paying it since I got the movies I never did see. Yeah, Paramount is losing out on the opportunity to make extra money on this and screw the people that bought the season sets at the same time.

16. BobSchneider

BobSchneider Second Unit

Honestly Im happy with the four single season sets Ive got . Im old enough to remember the two reunion movie when they were shown first run on tv and while they were fun (first ones better than the second) I cant justify a double dip on this set just to get the reunion movies for the price of the series set. Hmmm sorry no.[​IMG]

17. Duane Alford

Duane Alford Second Unit

Five seasons? I know I'm a little drunk right now, but last time I checked, there were only four seasons. [​IMG]

18. BobSchneider

BobSchneider Second Unit

Oh you LIAR , lol went back and edited the post LOL[​IMG] .[​IMG]

19. Gord Lacey

Gord Lacey Cinematographer

20. Brian Himes

Brian Himes Screenwriter

Brian
    Thanks Gord. I just saw the editorial and I agree with you 100%.