What's new

Wii Virtual Console & Wii Ware Weekly Release (1 Viewer)

CaseyL

Supporting Actor
The "Everybody Votes" channel went live today. Which is apparently a polling channel which features regional, national, and worldwide polls. Users can submit their own suggestions for questions.

Chris

Senior HTF Member
If Sin & Punishment comes to the Wii through VC, it's the ultimate score. Hell, if they go to Japanese only titles, could they do some of the Japanese only titles from way back.. Sega, NES? There are TONS I would be interested in seeing (like versions of FF that were only Japanese releases)

CaseyL

Supporting Actor
SNES-Donkey Kong Country
NES-Legend of Kage
TG16-New Adventure Island
GEN-Streets of Rage

Bryan Ri

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bryan
For those that have never played it or no longer have a copy, this is a must own. Ocarina of Time is easily one of the greatest games ever created.

CaseyL

Supporting Actor
Other than OoT VC-Mondays featured the release of:
TG16: Chew Man Fu
GEN: Bio-Hazard Battle
In other VC news, The Japanese VC has announces support from both NeoGeo and MSX

Chris Farmer

Screenwriter
The VC really has become a very impressive feature. Even without the Wii itself, the VC alone is almost enough to justify owning the system.

Dennis*G

Supporting Actor
Chris Farmer said:
The VC really has become a very impressive feature. Even without the Wii itself, the VC alone is almost enough to justify owning the system.
I agree, but I really wish the prices were a tad better. Cost is usually twice what I can buy a cartdrige for at a game store or pawn shop, if you can find the particular game that is.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I downloaded Tecmo Bowl, and got slapped around by the AI in my first game, granted it was 2 a.m. and I was pretty tired...

Chris

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, how many hours I wasted as a kid on tecmo bowl. I just ran the score up on the AI.. run the sweep! Run the sweep! ;)
I agree, the VC is my favorite feature. My kids and I are still playing the daylights out of Legend of Zelda A Link to the Past.. god I love that game.

Chris Farmer

Screenwriter
Dennis*G said:
I agree, but I really wish the prices were a tad better. Cost is usually twice what I can buy a cartdrige for at a game store or pawn shop, if you can find the particular game that is.
Yeah, but you can't go to the pawn shop naked. :D

Rhoq

Supporting Actor
Chris said:
games may be coming to the Virtual Console. ROCK ON.
http://www.t3.co.uk/news/247/games/g...3-Standard-RSS
I believe the SEGA Saturn is coming, but it's just a matter of "when?". First Nintendo would be wise to enable support for external USB2 hard drives to compensate for the Wii's lack of internal storage capacity. I believe the SD card expansion only supports cards up to 2GBs in size.
Don't forget that NeoGeo and MSX are also coming. SEGA Master System is rumored to be in pipeline as well.
Also in case anyone missed it - here are the games released to the US Virtual Console yesterday
1. Excitebike (NES - 500 Points)
2. Beyond Oasis (SEGA Genesis - 800 Points)
3. Splatterhouse (TurboGrafx-16 - 600 Points)

CaseyL

Supporting Actor
Saturn is the news I've been waiting for. Saturn is responsible for (IMHO) the best Role-playing games ever. Bar none. A lot of the greats have been since re-released on PS, like Lunar, and Arc the Lad, but still, can anyone say "Shining Force"? Woot!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks