What's new

Wii Remote Question (1 Viewer)

WillG

Senior HTF Member
I'm having a bit of a curiosity with My Wii Remote. The one I nomally use was running low on Battery power. I have a second remote, so I wanted to start using that one. Only problem, it will not work to power up the Wii or Boot it up to the meun by pressing "A" when you first turn it on. I can use my regular remote to reconnect and I have tried to set my second remote to be "Player One" which works, I get the hand cursor, but when I return to the menu, my second remote goes offline.

Does anyone know why I cannot get the second remote to function like the first?

Rhoq

Supporting Actor
Weird. I can pick up either of Wii-Motes and which ever I use to power the console on, becomes #1.

Sometimes, the Wii becomes unresponsive and the remotes refuse to connect. When this happens, I find it necessary to unplug the Wii from it's power supply and remove the batteries from the Wii-Motes to resync them to the console.

Jean D

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jean D
No Wiimote other than the original one Paired with the Wii will take the place of the 1st Wiimote. I think it has to do with the Bluetooth pairing when you pair them together. There is a Sync button in the battery cavity which may reset any pairing information however. When I'm low on batteries, I just switch batteries from the 2nd Wiimote to my main one. I think its ridiculous that my 2nd Wiimote wont work until you turn it on in the designated games/VC program that allows the multiple Wiimotes. But perhaps its a limitation of the Bluetooth settings.

WillG

Senior HTF Member
I actually managed to figure out what the problem was. Any remote that does not come with the console has to be synched with the Wii. There is a button under the battery cover that has to be pressed and then a button on the console that is under the memory card cover. You have to press they synch button on the remote and then the one on the console.

Jean D

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jean D
Ive never done this, but when I play a multi player game against my wife, we have to connect the controller in the game menu, and its a big pain and takes like a minute to connect. We do this everytime. Are you saying that once you do this, its permanently connected as a 2nd Wiimote?

Eric Samonte

Screenwriter
On another note, does anyone have experience with those rechargeable docking cradle thingies for the Wiimotes? I'd like something like the 360 controllers...USB and all.

Jean D

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jean D
yeah Ive been waiting for a nice cradle Wiimote station. nothing that is out/comming soon strikes me as "thast exactly what I want". but a USB rechargeable like the Xbox would be great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks