What's new

Wii component cables and Nunchuks. Anyone have any luck in finding these? (1 Viewer)

RAF

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
The title says it all. I have my Wii "bundle" in hand. I even have a second "Wiimote" (included as part of my bundle) but, a little surprisingly, there was no second nunchuk included. Since the retailers were trying to milk every last accessory and game dollar out of these "bundles" (a marketing ploy that I even understand and reluctantly accept as long as it doesn't become blatant price gouging) I have to feel that the lack of a second nunchuck was more of a supply issue rather than a bundling issue.

The bottom line is: Have any of you found a source of nunchuks and, for that matter, component cables for the Wii? I really would like to get both of these items to make what I already have function to its full capability. For that matter a couple of extra Wiimotes (and more nunchucks) would be high on my wish list as well if and when the supply lanes open up.

Hints? Suggestions?

Thanks.

Mike~Sileck

Supporting Actor
Component Cables not in Brick and Morters until early December.

Ordering online = sold out I believe.

Nunchuks have been hard to find as well .. keep looking and you'll find em..

Richard Kim

Senior HTF Member

Really? I'm planning on going to the Nintendo World Store in Rockefeller Center tonight to see if they had some component cables.

Mike~Sileck

Supporting Actor
I'm about 95% positive I read that they won't have cables in stores until December. If it's a close trip I say try your luck. If its a hike then definitely call ahead....

RAF

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Thanks for the advice gang. I surfed the web and realized that I'm probably just as well getting the required parts (component cables, 3 nunchuks and two Wiimotes) directly from nintendo.com and I've placed an order. They did mention that the component cables would start shipping on 11/28 (brick and mortars probably early December) and, when I ordered the controllers, supposedly had them in stock a few hours ago. But I just checked and even the remotes/nunchuks are now backordered.

But I still think that this is probably the most efficient way to go at this point since it saves me the trouble of running around trying to hit a moving target. In the meantime, one complete set (Wiimote + nunchuk) and the second Wiimote that came with my bundle will have to do. The five grandkids will have to wait their turn.

:laugh: :laugh:

Last Christmas I got them each DSes. This year I'm hoping that the supply chain loosens up before Christmas so I can surprise each of the two families with their own Wii. If not, then they will each get a box with a picture of a Wii in it and a "coming soon" card.

:emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:

Clinton McClure

Rocket Science Department
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
Last night I checked a local Wal-Mart for any Wiis in their freight. No systems but they did have about a dozen of both the remotes and nunchuks.

RAF

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
I just received an e-mail from nintendo.com that my 2 remotes and 3 nunchucks have shipped and the tracking number says they will arrive early next week. (This gives me a total of 4 controllers and 4 nunchuks when I add these to what I got in the EBGames "bundle.")

I guess the supply of Wiimotes and nunchuks has loosened up a bit which is a good thing - especially since the Wii can accommodate 4 players in many of their games.

The component cable is still backordered though. Probably early December.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
Mentioning having 4 wiimotes reminded me of something interesting: Bomberman '93 (Virtual Console, TG-16) supports 5 players (presumably using a combination of GameCube controllers and wii classic controllers).

RAF

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member

Interesting. I hadn't thought of that. While I can't conceive of more than four people playing my system at a time (unless my 5 grandkids all want to be part of the action simultaneously which can be a problematic thing on so many levels), this does bring up the question of the total number of players that the Wii can physically accommodate at one time. I've only used the Wiimotes for now but I did note that there are plugs for 4 wired remotes (the Gamecube legacy remotes). The manual states that Gamecube remotes (wired) only work with Gamecube games. So four players with either Wii games or with Gamecube games is obviously possible, but how would it work for more than four players (like you stated, Morgan, with Bomberman '93)?

Does the Wii classic controller plug in somewhere or is it just another wireless device but with a classic key layout? Can someone shed some additional light how more than 4 remotes would work on the Wii? For Bomberman '93, would you be able to use the 4 Gamecube remotes and a wireless Wii classic remote at the same time? The manual is vague on this point and the implication is that you use either Wii remotes or Gamecube remotes and not both.

:confused:

P.S. How are you doing, Morgan? How's Scooter? Take care.

Steven Simon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steven Simon
Raf,
Picked up my Wii.... I am writting an article as we speak on Video games and the Wii... I ordered the CV cables yesterday. Nintendo said they would be getting a huge shipment in today, and possibly would ship... Is yours in shipping yet??

RAF

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member

I received my remotes yesterday from Nintendo.com (I now have a total of four) but the nunchuks were back-ordered (as were the component video cables). However, I just checked my orders for both the nunchuks and the component cables and UPS tracking orders were assigned to them today so I surmise that this means that they are in the process of being shipped. (Too early to track them on the UPS site).

My guess is that they will arrive by the weekend.

I'm looking forward to your Wii "review." I'd like to know if you are as enthused about this revolutionary product as I am. Since you also have a PS3 and I have an XBox360 we can make some comparisons of the little Wii with the "big boys." Incidentally, there is a bit of discussion on the Wii going on over in Video Software in this thread. Also, there are some great Wii tips and tricks located in this thread (which I've made a "sticky" over in Video Software.) The topic is really a hybrid and could fit in nicely in either Video Software or Video Hardware.

RAF

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member

Thanks for the good news. Incidentally, my nunchuks arrived in the mail today. I'm assuming that my component cables will not be far behind.

Grant H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Grant H
Got my Wii last weekend (a Sunday morning). Ordered component cables online. They came yesterday. FAST!! Extra remotes and nunchuks on backorder (saw a couple remotes at Target last night though, and a week or so before they had some remotes AND nunchuks before they flew off the shelves while I was in the store), but 2 day UPS shipping was only like $6 for my order, and no sales tax, so I made out cheaper than I would have in stores. And it's easier than going to the store over and over on the chance they'll be in stock. Haven't seen the cables anywhere yet.

The cables look very nice, gold plated and all. Decent weight. Haven't gotten a chance to use them yet. Was too tired last night to unhook and rehook, but will do this afternoon.

Nathan A

Second Unit
My Best Buy had third party component cables in-stock today.

React- $24.99; 8 foot cable; BB had 2
Psyclone- $59.99; 12 foot cable; BB had 2 or 3. It's a pretty heavy cable with some thick braiding.

The Psyclone doesn't quite seem worth it, but the React might be an attractive alternative to waiting for Nintendo to produce more (and/or paying the roughly $40 after shipping and taxes their online store charges). I decided to pick one up.

RAF

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
I forgot to mention that my component cables from Nintendo arrived the other day. Everything worked out very nice. Since I'm using an external video processor for all my video sources it really doesn't matter if I use the 480i or 480p setting on the Nintendo Wii setup menu (component cables will output either 480i or 480p depending on the setting you choose) and my external video processor will take it from there. Actually, my VP-50 does a better job taking an interlaced source and deinterlacing it to progressive so my preference is to use the 480i setting on the Wii. Obviously, without an external VP the preferred setting on the Wii would be the 480p option. But without a doubt the major advantage for me is to take advantage of the clearer color signals carried by component rather than by the standard composite video cable. In Twilight Princess, for example, the trees and other graphics have more color depth than when using a composite source.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks