What's new

wierd behaviour HTR 5790 (1 Viewer)

Daman

Second Unit
Last night i popped in Cold mountain DVD in my sony player which is connected to my yamaha htr 5790. I selected DTS5.1 as the audio track and when tried to change the setting of reciever to use PL IIx Movie with DTS it wouldnt show up, all i was able to see was PL IIX Music mode along with the DD EX options when i scrolled through,worried that the problem might be with reciever i put in another disc but that was playing perfectly fine. This leads me to htink that the problem is with that particular disc, is this possible? The problem couldnt be with my player either since it plays other discs well. Any explanation to this behaviour as to why PL IIX movie mode isnt available in that particular disc with DTS as soundtrack

Ed Moxley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ed
Has this worked before? I've never heard of this. I'd think that it would be one or the other............
Not saying it won't work. I've just never heard of this........:)

Daman

Second Unit
Update: Found out what the damn problem was,it was with all the movies and not the cold mountain alone when i checked some more movies today evening.. seems while fiddling with settings i changed some setting , when i set the speaker tones it was just showing a surround back speaker instead of 2 surround backs, i ran the auto setup again and the problem was solved... hope this would help some other guys who might run into this.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks