What's new

Widescreen Reviews Blue Ray Player? (1 Viewer)

Peter Neski

Screenwriter
I noticed in this Months Issue that They really came down hard on the
Blue Ray Titles they reviewed,what player was used for these Reviews
If it was that crappy Samsung thing ,how can they do Reviews of Titles
Or do they have a different brand machine

Roger Mathus

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Roger Mathus

The October issue of WSR (Issue 113) arrived today and there does not appear to be a bias in their reviews. Apparently the Samsung filter issue does not have a big negative effect on all material. Some who have reported on modified players seem to see litthle effect. How do you call the BD player " crappy Samsung thing". Do you own one? The October issue discusses how they reviewed both first generation players.

In October WIDESCREEN REVIEW, they gave equal ratings of 5.0 to picture quality on both HD DVD and Blu-ray discs of Good Night and Good Luck. They gave only a slightly better review PQ 5.0 to the HD DVD (vs 4.5 for BD) disc of KISS KISS BANG BANG. As slight softness was noted, this could be the filter effect. If you read a number of their reviews, you will see similar ratings for titles issued on both formats and low 3.0 PQ ratings for some titles on each format.

The September issue only reviewed the very early Blu-ray titles that indeed have issues that appear not related to the player. The Samsung player is the only one out there. Until there are players to compare....I don't think that "crappy Samsung thing" is a proper reference.

Terry-A

Agent
Real Name
Terry Anderson
RV and Benchwarmers were both crystal clear movies...just got done watching Dinosaur and Knights Tale and both were really nice transfers..im watching Jay and Silent Bob and S.W.A.T after the yankee game...Dinosaur was beautiful with fantastic color and super sharp clarity....its all a bunch of BULL with the chip issue...the movies that they said had chip issues were just sonys fault for putting out crap material....and i had almost all the blu ray movies.........

Peter Neski

Screenwriter
The September issue only reviewed the very early Blu-ray titles that indeed have issues that appear not related to the player. The Samsung player is the only one out there. Until there are players to compare....I don't think that "crappy Samsung thing" is a proper reference

most of the"HD Version looks better" has nothing to do with the Samsungs
preformance? Crappy is a funny term for a 1000$ Machine,what term
would you use to call it,with its soft picture and all

Roger Mathus

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Roger Mathus

Peter, you need to read the professional reviews and see the Samsung player in operation. Again, do you own one? What is the basis for your evaluation.

Roger Mathus

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Roger Mathus
ADMINISTRATOR.......I recommend that this thread be closed. It does not contribute anything and can go nowhere. It is also off topic as it does not address software and appears to be a thread aimed at starting yet another useless forum for argument.

Peter Neski

Screenwriter
how is it off Topic ,I wanted to know about negative reviews of Software
Tiles in BlueRay,and Wanted to know what Player was used,or how
that Player effected those reviews

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation554
Recent bookmarks