What's new

Why?!? UK TV DVD Box Sets R2 (1 Viewer)

70sTVlover

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Nick
That's it, Universal have ruined all upcoming releases of TV DVD, first of all it was on occasion but now they've printed PLAYBACK right across every new box set that I like and they've screwed up the DVD's, instead of using slim line ones they use these weird boxy things (not regular DVD's)... Where has all the sense gone? Its a real shame as I love watching Murder She Wrote downstairs (R2 DVD player) but now I go from a wide screen TV to a crap screen TV... Thanks a bunch Universal Playback.

70sTVlover

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Nick

Sure the packaging is or secondary importance, but they've ruined it.. Look at Magnum PI season 3 R2, it's terrible. Why they can't stick to the same packaging as the US Ill never know

As for what I am talking about I only have a R1 player upstairs on a rubbish TV, whilst my R2 is downstairs on a wide screen TV

Christian Preischl

Screenwriter
Real Name
Christian Preischl
Well, it's not like the R1s are particularly consistent. They've changed from digis to slim cases back to digis (different ones though), and the design has changed, too.

Notice the height difference.

As far as design goes, collecting any type of series on DVD (be it TV or films) is a nightmare. Let's be glad they haven't replaced any music on Magnum... yet. :)

70sTVlover

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Nick
Yeah, but they havent got playback slapped on them, have you seen the new cases R2 are using?

Doug^Ch

Second Unit

Was this photo for illustrative purposes or do you file your TV on DVD sets in non alpabetical order? If I did that, I would never be able to locate a set when I wanted it.

Christian Preischl

Screenwriter
Real Name
Christian Preischl
That photo was simply to illustrate the different packaging types and designs of the Magnum sets.

And no, I don't sort my DVDs alphabetically. I sort them based on studio, and within the studios the sort order grows organically... sort of. :)

And yes, I find stuff. Nobody else does though. Hehe.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks