What's new

Why so many different 'LOTR' editions being released? (1 Viewer)

Aaryn Chan

Supporting Actor
Theatrical Fullscreen
Theatrical Widescreen
Limited Extended Cut
Normal Extended Cut
Collector's Gift Box

That's 5.
I'm glad I have the screener with the car :P
ALERT!! ALERT!! ALERT!!
Some grabs from the Extended Version.
Link Removed
Link Removed
Link Removed
Link Removed
Link Removed

Kami

Screenwriter
Aaryn Chan,
thanks for the links to the pics!
But I may as well tell you this before a moderator has to...your signature image is too big. Both the file size (over 60kb...you are making dialup users suffer!) and the physical size.
Welcome to the HTF by the way :)

Felicia J

Agent
As for hubby and me ... we are GEEKING OUT! We loved this film, and the idea of having both versions with gobs of extras that do not duplicate just makes us salivate!
2 and 4, for us! :D

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
okay guys...color me stupid, but i'm still confused.

could someone please give me a breakdown? which version, on what release date, has what features and how many dvd's?

i think i'm going to go for the extended, but not the one with the bookends or whatever... ack!

thanks!

Gruson

Second Unit
Alright, I did some research and I believe this now to be a bootleg. I apologize for talking about it. It is a damn good bootleg though! ;)

Brenton

Screenwriter
I'm surprised so many are planning to buy the theatrical version this August! Me, I would never watch it after buying the Special Extended DVD Edition.

I'll rent the theatrical version though... and I can't wait!!

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
Aaryn,

I just tried those screen grabs from the extedned version, and this is what I get:

"The website you have requested has exceeded its daily bandwidth quota of 100MB and has been temporarily de-activated.

It will automatically be re-activated on Jul 10, 2002."

So I guess I'll have to try again at midnight.

Dave Getson

Stunt Coordinator
Are they planning to release a 2 disk set of the extended cut of the film? I'm not one for special features most of the time, but I would love to have the extended version. I just hate the idea of forking over big cash for the extra disks when I'll probably never watch them.

Ricardo C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ricardo C
Is it midnight yet?? Dang it, I wanna see the screenshots! :D
I've decided to not go for the 5-disc gift set. I'll get the theatrical cut and the 4-disc SE. I don't really need the NG special, and while the Argonath bookends are cool as hell, I wouldn't really have much use for them.

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
Are they planning to release a 2 disk set of the extended cut of the film? I'm not one for special features most of the time, but I would love to have the extended version. I just hate the idea of forking over big cash for the extra disks when I'll probably never watch them.
The standard 4-disc exteneded version is actually reletively cheap. Buy.com has it for 28 with free shipping...

Ray H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
And also, if you just want the movie and dont care too much for sound and quality, you could downgrade to the VHS edition of the EE. At least it'll still be widescreen!:)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks