What's new

Why Gamecube/ps1's Are No Good (1 Viewer)

Charlie C

Stunt Coordinator
. sorry J .

"The Gamecube is not out of date, that is one of the most moronic comments I have ever heard"

Id be more concerned that you think that your PC is talking to you over the fact that I do think the Game cube is out of date. Nintento will NEVER be top in the console market again. they should stick to making games like Sega. If my views are 'moronic', so be it.

sorry again J, just couldnt resist.

Paul Simmons

Stunt Coordinator
I'd figure the GC would last longer since you don't have to force the disc off the spindle, you push the spindle down and the disc pops right out!
The only issue I've had with my PSone, is the plastic pieces between the metal bearings broke off over time which I suspect is from taking out the disc improperly http://forums.maxima.org/images/smilies/shy.gif

Rodrick

Second Unit
I think the Xbox is the only system that is tough.

Why my friends PS1 game discs are tossed around is that the spindle is totally broken. Yes, first the plastic part around it wore out quickly, then the discs wouldn't sit properly.
He bought a second hand ps1 and that didn't last too long either. Games wouldn't load. Irritating loud noises when loading.

The Gamecube broke cause of always pushing down on the spindle and that broke too after 18months. Since I live near a Nintendo Headquarters, I brought it to their attention.

I may as well buy the Nintendo DS or PSP when it arrives.

The next Nintendo gamesystem will play all old Gamecube games and gameboy so I can hardly wait to see what that looks like. A Nintendo Headquarters told me, also a new portable after the DS will play the Gamecube discs, and DS games, will have a larger screen and get rid of the touch screen.

Christian Behrens

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Christian Behrens

:D Yeah, the DS isn't even out and you've already been told (at Nintendo HQ, no less... didn't know Tokyo was in Burnaby BC) what the successor to the DS will look like. :D

Thanks for the laugh!

-Christian

Rodrick

Second Unit
In answer to your question. I don't know. On a tour of Nintendo Canada, the game counsellor told us that thats all.

Some people asked, will there be another portable after the DS like Gameboy Advance to Advance SP?

They are currently just thinking it up that they'll make one new system that plays the GCN games with DS and SP only games. And touch screen was mentioned as like a phase. But for the DS will have to wait to see what consumers like of it.

They hope it'll still win over the PSP. I was anxiously waiting to ask that myself but someone else did.

Also on the future of the Gamecube and the next new system. I only heard the last part that the next new system will play the old Gamecube games.

Rodrick

Second Unit
And don't laugh. Nintendo Canada also has a Headquarters Okay. Right in Richmond BC

We also have a EA SPORTS that one is in Burnaby BC.

Rodrick

Second Unit
I wonder if the people I see who live also in my area of Burnaby, PT Moody, Coquitlam, Surrey, NewWestminster, Vancouver and Richmond BC will back me up in the 2 Headquarters Nintendo Canada and EA Sports.

In answer to replaceable spindles for GCN and PSX. My friend said he called both Sony and Nintendo. Nintendo replaced his 2nd Gamecube with a new one.
He even sent his 1st Cube to them, and they were surprised.
For Sony it costs $60 to look at it and open it to replace the spindle. They won't sell the parts separately.

He found out thru PS2 owners that their systems were breaking over time so he stayed with Sony, regardless of people saying XBox is stronger over all system.

For myself Im just awaiting the Nintendo DS, then next year look at the PSP in action b4 I buy.

Rodrick

Second Unit
I bought myself a gamecube anyways. Already, you have to use the spindle in the cube to put your discs in and out. over time this will break.

But I like it's portablity, and game like atmosphere. Xbox is just too hype and more hard games.

Halo 2 Limited Editions My FOOT. A week later still plenty of LE left over.

And what PS2 now too goes to a toploader HAHAHAHAHA

Marshall W. Carter

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Marshall W. Carter
If anything, front-loading systems will wear out more quickly. Why? More parts to break! Not only is there a motor to spin the disk, but also a drive access motor. These almost ALWAYS wear out. This happened to my Goldstar 3DO way back in the day. The motor just ceased to work. I've had similar issues with DVD players, and I've already heard of XBOX units coming down with this (the good thing there is that it's relatively easy to replace).

I had the old-school Playstation, and my spindle did indeed break (as did the spindle on a Sony Walkman I had with the exact same design). I replaced the spindle (you can get them on eBay, quite a bit more sturdy than the stock Sony one), and, voila, worked like a charm. Replacing a motor would be quite a bit more difficult methinks.

Mikah Woodward

Stunt Coordinator

Isn't that true with quite a lot of things that say "limited edition", though? Platinum Gamecubes aren't exactly going for $500 on ebay, you know.

Sean Moon

Senior HTF Member
Hard games too? Thank god. There are toom any really easy games out there, or too short. Challenge is gone from this world.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation192
Recent bookmarks