What's new

Why do used items regularly go for more than new MSRP on EBAY? (1 Viewer)

Charles J P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ Paul
I have been toying with the idea of getting a SEGA Dreamcast deck since I am not a hard core gamer, but would like to upgrade from my original Nintendo. I have seen that you can get it new for $50 from many places including Amazon. Link Removed
but, people are paying way more for "like new" units on Ebay. Some people are even paying $30+ dollars for units that the description says dont even WORK! Link Removed
Are people really that stupid?

Mark Dubbelboer

Screenwriter
heh

dreamcast units are very hard to find and due to a very active pirating community are in very high demand. plus amazon won't ship their units outside of the states if i'm not mistaken.

Charles J P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ Paul
Well, I did just notice that Amazon doesnt appear to actually have any at 49.99 but they do have used ones from $75 up. I could have picked one up at Babbages for $50 the other day though. I am still trying to decide between PSOne, Dreamcast, and nothing hence avoiding getting my ass kicked by my fiance.

Ryan Wright

Screenwriter
My local Best Buy had a huge stack of 'em for $50 around Thanksgiving. I was there a couple weeks ago to buy Jurassic Park 3 and they still had a ton left, still at $50. Almost bought one, but didn't because I figured games would be impossible to find.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks