What's new

why didnt they create a 2 in 1 svs ultra? (1 Viewer)

felix_suwarno

Screenwriter
i mean, why didnt they create the ultimate subwoofer that is as powerful as 2 ultras, so that bass junkies dont have to waste his precious ht space at home?

or is it a marketting move?

SVS-Ron

Screenwriter
Felix,

It's just a marketing move. Right.

One CS-Ultra is competitive with a larger/heavier and twice more expensive Velodyne HGS-18. It's not like SVS can wave a magic wand and defy physics (nor can Bob Carver, Po Hsu, or any other competitor we know of). Every design has advantages and disadvantages.

For folks that don't mind a cylinder sub we already make them as high in performance as state of the art materials and design allow. We feel micro-box subs make too many compromises, and there is no large box or other cylinder sub that provides more performance for the money.

Ron

RichardH

Supporting Actor
Why didn't SVS make a sub that had the output of a pair of 20-39CS, so that we wouldn't waste floor space. Oh, wait, that's the Ultra!! :D
Even if SVS made a "2 in 1" Ultra, then the question could be asked, why didn't they make one that did double that??? and so on and so forth.
At some point you have to realize that enough is enough and just enjoy the bass!!

Steve Zimmerman

Second Unit
Well all's I know is that I'm an extremely satisfied Ultra owner but if they ever release an upgraded driver (similar to what's going on with the CS right now), I'll be first in line.

--Steve

Tom Vodhanel

Senior HTF Member
>>>Well all's I know is that I'm an extremely satisfied Ultra owner but if they ever release an upgraded driver (similar to what's going on with the CS right now), I'll be first in line.

--Steve

Mark Seaton

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mark Seaton
Hi Felix, you wrote:
or is it a marketting move?
I doubt it's so much marketing as it is a question of costs and trade offs. Besides, it was already done over 10 years ago. :rolleyes... It just happens to be bulky, black, and none to pretty, but quite potent at $3000 for a passive box requireing 250-500W into 4 Ohms.
Regards,

John Kotches

Senior HTF Member
Kevin,

One thing is certain, a subwoofer with that design could safely be called "expensive".

Regards,

Thomas_Berg

Screenwriter
Real Name
Thomas
i'd like to see Tom design a dual-driver Ultra. (maybe that's what everyone is hinting at?) that'd be sweet!

Tom Vodhanel

Senior HTF Member
>>>i'd like to see Tom design a dual-driver Ultra. (maybe that's what everyone is hinting at?) that'd be sweet!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks