WHV Press Release: "You've Got Mail," "Pleasantville" and "10" (Blu-ray)

Discussion in 'Blu-ray and UHD' started by Ronald Epstein, Oct 4, 2010.

1. Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein Administrator
    Owner

Ronald Epstein
    JUST IN TIME FOR VALENTINE’S DAY

WARNER HOME VIDEO TO RELEASE THREE

NEW TO BLU-RAY DISC™

ROMANTIC FILM FAVORITES

“YOU’VE GOT MAIL”

“PLEASANTVILLE”

“10”

Available February 1

Burbank, Calif. September 27, 2010 – On February 1, 2011, Warner Home Video will make sure cupids everywhere have their choice of inspiration with a charming trio of new-to-Blu-ray™ romantic films featuring their favorite stars. Just in time for Valentine’s Day gift giving, the slate of screen hits includes, “You’ve Got Mail,” “Pleasantville” and “10,” available as single titles and each selling for $19.98 SRP. Orders are due December 28, 2010.

Featuring the romantic duo from another audience favorite “Sleepless in Seattle,” “You’ve Got Mail” stars Oscar® winner Tom Hanks (“Toy Story” franchise, “Angels & Demons,” “Forrest Gump,” “Cast Away”) and Golden Globe® nominee for Best Actress in this film, Meg Ryan (“The Women,” “When Harry Met Sally,” “City of Angels”). The cast also includes fan favorites, Greg Kinnear (“Little Miss Sunshine,” “As Good as it Gets”) and Parker Posey (“Superman Returns”). Directed by three-time Oscar® nominee Nora Ephron (“Julie & Julia,” “When Harry Met Sally,” “Sleepless in Seattle”), this Blu-ray debut will also include a bonus DVD featuring “The Shop Around the Corner,” the classic film that inspired “You’ve Got Mail,” starring James Stewart.

Also available on Blu-ray for the first time, “Pleasantville” is the stunningly beautiful film that created a wonderful, imaginative world in black and white and in color – and the remarkable special effects shine vividly on Blu-ray. Nominated for three Academy Awards® and recipient of the Boston Society of Film Critics Award (1998), the star cast of acclaimed actors includes Oscar® winner and female audience favorite Reese Witherspoon (“How Do You Know,” “Monsters vs. Aliens,” “Four Christmases,” “Legally Blonde,” “Walk the Line,” “Sweet Home Alabama”), Tobey Maguire (“The Details,” “Spider-Man” franchise, “Brothers,” “Seabiscuit”) and Oscar® nominees Joan Allen and William H. Macy.

Written and directed by Blake Edwards, “10” is considered to be one of his richest and most realized works. An iconic and sexy movie that still resonates today, the film was scored by Oscar® winning composer Henry Mancini and stars the funny and talented Golden Globe® winner Dudley Moore (“Arthur,” “Arthur 2”) and Oscar® winner Julie Andrews (“The Princess Diaries,” franchise, “Tooth Fairy,” “The Sound of Music”).

MORE ABOUT THE FILMS

“You’ve Got Mail”

The stars (Tom Hanks, Meg Ryan) and director (Nora Ephron) of “Sleepless in Seattle” reteamed for this charming audience favorite. Greg Kinnear, Parker Posey, Jean Stapleton and more great co-stars add note-perfect support to this cinematic love letter in which superstore book chain magnate Hanks and cozy children’s bookshop owner Ryan are anonymous e-mail cyberpals who fall head-over-laptops in love, unaware they are combative business rivals. You’ve got rare Hollywood magic when “You’ve Got Mail.”

Special Features:

· Two Featurettes with the Stars and Filmmakers: “Delivering You’ve Got Mail” and “You’ve Got Chemistry”

· Commentary by Director/Co-Writer Nora Ephron and Producer Lauren Shuler Donner

· HBO First Look: A Conversation with Nora Ephron

· Discover New York’s Upper West Side Selectable Movie Tour

· Carole King’s “Anyone at All” Music Video

· Bonus DVD: “The Shop Around the Corner,” the classic movie upon which “You’ve Got Mail is based,” starring Margaret Sullavan and James Stewart.

Order Info:

Street Date: February 1, 2011

Order Due Date: December 28, 2010

SRP: $19.98

Rating: PG

Run Time: 119 mins

Pack Info: Blue Elite

Catalog/UPC: 1000168355/ 883929156757

“Pleasantville”

In the black-and-white ’50s sitcom realm of “Pleasantville,” mom always has a yummy meatloaf in the oven, the home team never loses and romance is a shy peck on the cheek. Until now. Because modern, real-life teens David (Tobey Maguire) and Jennifer (Reese Witherspoon) are mysteriously zapped into that TV world, and with them come ideas and passions that turn the town’s cozy perfection into something more challenging and colorful. From Gary Ross (“Big,” “Seabiscuit”) comes an imaginative fantasy that maintains its humor even as it reveals its own true colors about embracing life in all its messiness and unpredictability. Don’t touch that dial. Stay tuned to life in “Pleasantville.”

Special Features:

· Commentary by Writer/Director Gary Ross

· Isolated Score Track with Commentary by Composer Randy Newman

· Featurette: “The Art of Pleasantville”

· Fiona Apple’s “Across the Universe” Music Video, Directed by Paul Thomas Anderson

· Theatrical Trailer

Order Info:

Rating: PG-13

Run Time: 124 mins

Catalog/UPC: 1000174758 / 794043146114

“10”

Blake Edwards’ “10,” a spicy comedy of manners, morals and midlife crises, captures many moods, sometimes sexy, sometimes thoughtful, sometimes slapstick – but always on target. That target is 42-year-old composer George (Dudley Moore), a man who has everything (including patient singer girlfriend Julie Andrews) – and who may just chuck it all on an obsessive quest for a beautiful woman (Bo Derek) he glimpses en route to her wedding. An iconic crowd-pleaser, “10” propelled the movie careers of Moore and Derek and gave Ravel’s Bolero a fiery new romantic context. And it stands as one of its director’s richest, most fully realized works.

“10” is the quintessential expression of mid-life crisis for the 1980’s and beyond!

Special Features:

· Vintage Featurette: A Dream…a Fantasy…a TEN!

· Theatrical Trailer

Order Info:

Rating: R

Run Time: 122 mins

Catalog/UPC: 1000168261 / 883929156665

All special features listed above are subject to change.

Warner Home Video Blu-ray Discs offer resolution six times higher than standard definition DVDs, as well as extraordinarily vibrant contrast and color and beautifully crisp sound. The format also provides a higher level of interactivity, with instant access to extra features via a seamless menu bar where viewers can enjoy features without leaving or interrupting the film.

For more information visit: http://warnerblu.warnerbros.com/.

About Warner Home Video

With operations in 90 international territories, Warner Home Video, a Warner Bros. Entertainment Company, a division of the Warner Bros. Home Entertainment Group, commands the largest distribution infrastructure in the global video marketplace. Warner Home Video's film library is the largest of any studio, offering top quality new and vintage titles from the repertoires of Warner Bros. Pictures, Turner Entertainment, Castle Rock Entertainment, HBO Home Video and New Line Home Entertainment.

2. David Wilkins

David Wilkins Supporting Actor

If 'Pleasantville' is handled properly, it should look wonderful in BD. The other two, I must admit, are of little interest.

3. Xenia Stathakopoulou

Xenia Stathakopoulou Cinematographer

Pleasantville, wow !!! Im happy its coming its coming, but id never thought WB would get around to releasing this. Its almost like getting a classic 50s sitcom on blu ray.

4. cafink

cafink Producer

Carl Fink
    I am also very excited about Pleasantville. I haven't seen it in years and look forward to re-visiting it.

I might even pick up You've Got Mail if the price is right.

5. Garysb

Garysb Screenwriter

When I saw "You've Got Mail" was going to be released I thought they should include "Shop Around The Corner" in blu with it. They are included that film but in SD only. Too bad.

6. jim_falconer

jim_falconer Supporting Actor

Pleasantville is a great film that ends up being only a good film, due to 'preachiness' inserted into the storyline at the end. With that said, I'll still be picking this one up on blu.

7. Adam Gregorich

Owner

Adam
    Warner has it out for me. I keep trying to reign in expenses and they keep releasing catalog movies I want! Pleasantville and You've Got Mail

8. Peter McM

Peter McM Supporting Actor

Peter
    I recently showed "10" to my wife, who had never seen it. She seemed more shocked that Julie Andrews would swear.

9. SilverWook

SilverWook Cinematographer

Bill
    Better not let your wife see Blake Edward's "S.O.B."! Her head might explode if she sees what Julie Andrews did in that!

10. Peter McM

Peter McM Supporting Actor

Peter
    I've told her about 'SOB"; you're right--her head would explode!

11. Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein Administrator
    Owner

Ronald Epstein

12. Xenia Stathakopoulou

Xenia Stathakopoulou Cinematographer

Just when I thought I wasnt going to upgrade to blu ray for, Youve got mail. They had to throw the shop around the corner dvd in the mix, which I never saw.Now, its a must buy.

13. Scott Merryfield

Scott Merryfield Executive Producer
    Supporter

I'll definitely be picking up "10". The SD-DVD looks very dated. I'm not a fan of You've Got Mail, but may be tempted by the inclusion of The Shop Around The Corner. I always get sucked in watching that film when it is shown on TCM. My wife likes YGM.

14. ManW_TheUncool

ManW_TheUncool Producer

ManW
    Ooooh... Nice!

If the quality is there, I will definitely get Pleasantville and probably You've Got Mail as well, especially since YGM will include The Shop Around The Corner on a separate disc. And the prices look like they should be nice too given the ~$20 MSRP, so maybe they'll be release week purchases for me.

_Man_

15. Jason_V

Jason_V Producer

Jason
    Very excited about Pleasantville. It was a movie we always made fun of until we actually watched it. Very sweet flick.

16. Steve Tannehill

Steve Tannehill Ambassador

Steve Tannehill
    10 and You've Got Mail never did much for me, but I really liked Pleasantville. And the price on blu-ray is certainly right.

17. Timothy E

Timothy E Supporting Actor
    Reviewer

Timothy Ewanyshyn
    I am happy to see any Blake Edwards film released in high definition, even if "10" is not one of my favorite films. Hopefully we will see releases of more of his films on Blu-ray (or even just DVD!). Even Edwards' lesser films are interesting, and his films have been criminally ignored on home video.

18. Johnny Angell

Johnny Angell Played With Dinosaurs Member

Johnny Angell
    Amazon has You've Got Mail for pre-order at $14. I couldn't find 10.

19. rich_d

rich_d Cinematographer

Rich
    I'll take a heaping helping of Pleasantville please - no sexual innuendo required.

20. Adam Gregorich

Owner

Adam
    Some WB Catalog titles never go on sale (or at least not for the first year), so for $13.99 I am jumping on Pleasantville and You've got mail to upgrade my existing DVDs.