WHV Press Release: Witchblade: The Complete Series

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Ronald Epstein, Apr 2, 2008.

1. Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein Administrator
    Owner

Ronald Epstein
    Warner Home Video Brings the Cult Favorite TV-Show Based on the Popular Comic Book Series to DVD

WITCHBLADE:
    THE COMPLETE SERIES

Own the Collectible Seven-Disc Set Featuring all 23 Episodes, the Original TV Movie and Loads of New Bonus Features
    On DVD July 29, 2008

BURBANK, CA (April 1, 2008) – Join in the fight against crime and evil to save humanity, as Warner Home Video releases Witchblade: The Complete Series on DVD July 29, 2008. Witchblade: The Complete Series stars Yancy Butler (As the World Turns), John Hensley (Nip/Tuck), David Chokachi (Baywatch) and features guest star Roger Daltrey (The Who).This seven-disc collector’s set which includes all 23 episodes from seasons 1 and 2, the original made-for-TV movie and never-before-seen bonus features, is priced to own on DVD at $69.98 SRP.

In this adaptation of the Top Cow comic book, Witchblade is the story of a New York detective, Sara "Pez" Pezzini, whose search for justice brings her into contact with the Witchblade, an ancient, intelligent, living weapon so powerful it can battle Earth's darkest evil forces. Week in and week out, "Pez" employs her skills as a police detective to fight crime. She finds she must employ the Witchblade to combat a much greater and frighteningly organized conspiracy of evil that threatens the very soul of humanity. As Sara tries to keep the secret of the Witchblade, do her job and have a personal life, she finds that her most formidable adversary may be the Witchblade itself.

Witchblade: The Complete Series DVD Special Features Include:
    • Bringing the Blade to Life
    • Welding the Blade
    • Original Casting Sessions for Yancy Butler, Anthony Cistaro, David Chokachi, Eric Estebari, and Will Yun Lee

BASICS
    Witchblade: The Complete Series
    Price: $69.98 SRP
    Street Date: July 29, 2008
    Language: English
    Subtitles: ESDH
    Running Time: Approx. 1170 min (episodes only)
    Enhanced Content: Approx. 55 minutes
    DVD Catalog # 1000015962
    UPC # 012569681453

EPISODES FEATURED

1. Witchblade
    2. Parallax
    3. Conundrum
    4. Diplopia
    5. Sacrifice
    6. Legion
    7. Maelstrom
    8. Periculum
    9. Thanatopsis
    10. Apprehension
    11. Convergence
    12. Transcendence
    13. Emergence (Season Two Premiere)
    14. Destiny (Part 2 of Season Two Premiere)
    15. Agape
    16. Consectatio
    17. Static
    18. Nailed
    19. Lagrimas
    20. Hierophant
    21. Veritas
    22. Parabolic
    23. Palindrome
    24. Ubique

2. Pete Battista

Pete Battista Screenwriter

Pete
    Looking forward to checking this one out... will basically be a blind buy for me.

3. Joseph J.D

Joseph J.D Cinematographer

I'll probably pick this one up as well.....although not on release date. I'll probably wait for a price drop so it could be awhile.

4. Rick P

Rick P Supporting Actor

I do hope it's widescreen (yes, it WAS shot wide and a couple eps did air wide)

5. Pete Battista

Pete Battista Screenwriter

Pete
    I just spotted the back cover art at dvdempire....

[​IMG]

Take note of the last think mentioned in the special features. Features an All-New Soundtrack Selected by the Executive Producer.

Now... I personally don't care one bit about music (of any type what so ever) and never seen this show before... so it won't stop me from buying this set. BUT I do know many on this forum really cares about the music so thought I would bring it to your attention before it is too late.

But I guess now changing the music is considered a special feature?

6. LizH

LizH Second Unit

That's what Birds of Prey should've done ... market it as a special feature!

LOL [​IMG]

7. Michael Sliger

Michael Sliger Second Unit

Thanks for pointing that out. Looks like I can take this set off of my shopping list. While the music isn't always critical for telling the story in these episodes (though it was in a few scenes), it was always very instrumental in setting the mood. All of the classic rock blended with some more modern tunes seemed odd on the surface, but as a whole, it helped make the show unique. Watching the series without it will feel a bit wrong IMHO. With an MSRP of $70 for 26 episodes and the pilot, I do demand no alterations.

I do suppose that they may just be nixing the Joel Goldsmith incidental music, but that doesn't seem very logical given the "selected" moniker.

Here are some lists with supposedly all of the music used in the broadcast version of the show.

BladeTV.com - Witchblade TV Music - Season One
    BladeTV.com - Witchblade TV Music - Season Two

8. WaveCrest

WaveCrest Producer

Richard
    I was interested in getting Witchblade: The Complete Series on Region 1, but after reading the above posts I'm not going to bother buying the set if some or all of the music has been changed.