WHV Press Release: The Conjuring (Blu-ray)

Discussion in 'Blu-ray and UHD' started by Ronald Epstein, Sep 13, 2013.

1. Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein Administrator
    Owner

Ronald Epstein
    XenForo Template

Box Art The Conjuring.JPG

“Fresh, alive, and vibrant - and wonderfully traumatizing.”

- Tirdad Derakhshani, Philadelphia Inquirer

EXPERIENCE PARANORMAL THRILLS WHEN

The Conjuring

ARRIVES ONTO BLU-RAY COMBO PACK,  DVD and DIGITAL DOWNLOAD

ON OCTOBER 22 FROM

WARNER BROS. HOME ENTERTAINMENT

Blu-ray™ Combo Pack includes Three Spine-tingling Featurettes

All disc versions feature UltraVioletÔ

Burbank, CA, September 12, 2013– Things will go bump in the night when “The Conjuring” arrives onto Blu-ray Combo Pack, DVD and Digital Download on October 22 from Warner Bros. Home Entertainment. From acclaimed director James Wan, “The Conjuring” follows a pair of paranormal investigators who help a family haunted by a demonic force, only to find themselves trapped in their own horrifying nightmare.

Directed by James Wan (“Saw,” “Insidious”), “The Conjuring” stars Vera Farmiga and Patrick Wilson as Ed and Lorraine Warren; Ron Livingston and Lili Taylor as Roger and Carolyn Perron. The film also stars Joey King, Shanley Caswell, Hayley McFarland, Mackenzie Foy and Kyla Deaveras as the Perrons' five daughters; Sterling Jerinsas as Judy Warren; Marion Guyot as Georgiana; Steve Coulter as Father Gordan; Shannon Kook as Drew; and John Brotherton as Brad.

The Conjuring” will be available on Blu-ray Combo Pack for $35.99 and on single disc DVD for $28.98.  The Blu-ray Combo Pack features the theatrical version of the film in hi-definition on Blu-ray, and the theatrical version in standard definition on DVD.  Both the Blu-ray Combo Pack and the single disc DVD include UltraViolet which allows consumers to download and instantly stream the standard definition theatrical version of the film to a wide range of devices including computers and compatible tablets, smartphones, game consoles, Internet-connected TVs and Blu-ray players.* 

SYNOPSIS

Before there was Amityville, there was Harrisville. “The Conjuring” tells the true story of world renowned paranormal investigators Ed and Lorraine Warren (Patrick Wilson, Vera Farmiga) who were called upon to help a family terrorized by a dark presence in a secluded farmhouse.

Forced to confront a powerful demonic entity, the Warrens find themselves caught in the most horrifying case of their lives.

BLU-RAY AND DVD ELEMENTS

“The Conjuring” Blu-ray Combo Pack contains the following special features:

·   The Conjuring: Face-to-Face with Terror

·   A Life in Demonology

·   Scaring the “@$*%” Out of You

“The Conjuring” Standard Definition DVD contains the following special features:

·   Scaring the “@$*%” Out of You

DIGITAL DISTRIBUTION ELEMENTS

On October 22, “The Conjuring” will be available for download in HD or standard definition from online retailers including but not limited to iTunes, Xbox, PlayStation, Amazon, Vudu, CinemaNow and more.

The film will also be available digitally in High Definition (HD) VOD and Standard Definition (SD) VOD from cable and satellite providers, and on select gaming consoles and broadband customers including Amazon, iTunes, etc.

ULTRAVIOLET

*UltraViolet allows you to collect, watch and share movies and TV shows in a whole new way. Available with the purchase of specially marked Blu-ray discs, DVDs and Digital Downloads, UltraViolet lets you create a digital collection of movies and TV shows.  Services such as Flixster and VUDU allow you to instantly stream and download UltraViolet content across a wide range of devices including computers and compatible tablets, smartphones, game consoles, Internet-connected TVs and Blu-ray players.  Restrictions and limitations apply.  Go to ultraviolet.flixster.com/info for details.  For more information on compatible devices go to wb.com/ultravioletdevices.

BASICS

PRODUCT   SRP

Blu-ray Combo Pack   $35.99

Single disc Amaray (WS) $28.98

Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below.  If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.  

2. Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein Administrator
    Owner

Ronald Epstein
    Already preordered this on Amazon, and I implore anyone remotely
    interested in a really great, scary film to buy this blindly.

....and this is coming from someone who is not a big fan of horror films.

My only complaint is the new artwork. Really liked the original with the
    noose hanging from the tree with the house in the background. Wish
    they would have stayed with that.

3. Robert Crawford

Robert Crawford Moderator

Robert
    So far, my favorite movie of 2013. I'll be doing a triple feature just before Halloween with The Uninvited, The Haunting and this film.

moviebuff75 likes this.
  4. TravisR

TravisR Studio Mogul

This must be the first time that there's more 'profanity' in the names of the special features than in the actual movie (and yet the movie still got an R rating).

5. Dick

Dick Producer

Rick
    I'll be glad to see this again. But... No commentary, no trailer... for a movie of this popularity and magnitude? Yes, I know the argument -- it's about the movie, not the extras. Ok, but... retail price of $35.99? A couple of years ago, a Blu/DVD combo even with a ton of extras generally went for $29.99 (street of $19.99). I want to continue supporting physical media, but less for more bothers me, and for any movie that I enjoyed less than I did this one, it's a deal-breaker.

6. moviebuff75

moviebuff75 Supporting Actor

Eric Scott Richard
    I've tried to think of a movie that has scared me more...and I can't. The film is perfect, and not just the horror aspects. The writing and performances are magnificent. Definitely a film that stays with you long after the final credits roll. I guarantee that it will be considered a classic in the genre.

7. Robert Crawford

Robert Crawford Moderator

Robert
    I never understood the need for trailers, especially, for films I know very well. Commentary is another matter as I would like a commentary for almost every movie. Just my opinion so no need to answer my comments.

Why quote retail price? If any of us are paying retail then we're not taking advantage of this forum or the internet in general for buying physical media.

8. Russell G

Russell G Fake Shemp
    Supporter

Russell
    I really enjoyed this one as well, despite finding some things ridiculous. Like that doll at the start. What monster in their right mind would make such a doll, much less purchase one?!?!?

I'll wait for a sale though, my horror movie card for October is already chock full of titles so I'm not in a panic.

9. Dick

Dick Producer

Rick
    Trailers are an art form all their own. Other than the horrible ones voiced-over by Don Lafontaine and his imitators, trailers are wonderful "mini-films," and, if not too revealing (spoilers), can be almost as much fun as the films they promote. I admit, the trailers of the 30's-60's are the best, as they incorporated graphics and were largely without voice-over. I could watch hours of good trailers in one sitting. That the studios are dropping these seems, not only lazy (how much effort or cost would be involved in including them?), but a sign that they don't have any further interest in true film aficionados. You can "know a film well" and still appreciate the artistry of a well-cut trailer.

I quoted retail price, but also street price. It's all relative. I was pretty acclimated to paying $20.00 street price for Blu-rays, but that is now more often $24.99. Yes, everything (except electronics) has gone up in price, but it's not like it's costing studios 20% more to replicate these things now as opposed to two years ago, especially considering the lack of extras.