WHV Press Release: The All-New SuperFriends Hour Season One Volume Two

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Ronald Epstein, Oct 8, 2008.

1. Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein Administrator
    Owner

Ronald Epstein
    [​IMG]

2. Tim Tucker

Tim Tucker Screenwriter

Finally! I've been waiting for this season to be completed.

Hope this means that the 1974 Super Friends is on its way next.

3. Russell G

Russell G Fake Shemp
    Supporter

Russell
    I haven't watched the first vol yet, so this is great, I can binge and watch them all!

"The Wonder Twins Phenomenon" Kinda over selling these two no? They are painfully bad. I mean, dude turns into a bucket of water 90% of the time, and the chick has to turn into an eagle to carry his useless ass.

4. Charles Ellis

Charles Ellis Screenwriter

OK, but I want the original SuperFriends!!! Does anyone know if it's on the horizon? The fact that so many subsequent seasons have been released before the first is inexcusable!

5. David Lambert

David Lambert Executive Producer

The 1973 Super Friends series with Wendy, Marv and Wonderdog? No word yet. But Warner has said that everything will get released sooner or later, a point I believe they repeated in their HTF chat a few weeks ago.

Without me going to look and verify (and I'm not wide awake yet today, so I may be off in saying this), I believe that now it's down to that 1973 show, and the 1980 Super Friends Hour (or whichever of the various titles that it got called by) episodes, isn't it?

I think everything else among the various Super Friends incarnations are either out, or mostly out. Right? All the Wonder-Twins eps will be out with this next release, I think. All the Legion of Doom eps are out. All the Super Powers and Galactic Guardians eps are out. Right? Am I missing anything in my current sleepy state? [​IMG]

6. Jason_V

Jason_V Producer

Jason

The fact Warner has been diligent over the last couple of years in releasing all manner of DC Heroes product means nothing to you, does it? I'm not trying to be argumentative, but there is no concrete rule which says how TV on DVD needs to be released. Law and Order isn't done in chronological order, for instance.

The point: we ARE getting the releases, even if Warner knows they're not going to sell like gangbusters. They are usually of high quality and at least one featurette as an extra. So lets give WB a little bit of a break and be patient with their release schedule. I have every confidence that we'll get everything in the not too distant future.

7. Curt*K

Curt*K Auditioning

David

You only missed the Worlds Greatest Superfriends in your reply besides the 1980-1984 episodes and the 1973 episodes you already mentioned

Curt