WHV Press Release: National Lampoon's Vacation and Vegas Vacation (Blu-ray)

Discussion in 'Blu-ray and UHD' started by Ronald Epstein, Jan 24, 2013.

1. Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein Administrator
    Owner

Ronald Epstein
    THE GRISWOLDS ARE BACK FOR THE 30TH ANNIVERSARY OF THE FILM THAT LAUNCHED THE “VACATION” FRANCHISE
    [​IMG]
    IT’S A BLU-RAY™ ‘VACAY DAY’ WHEN
    “NATIONAL LAMPOON’S VACATION”
    AND
    “VEGAS VACATION”
    ARRIVE MAY 21 FROM WARNER HOME VIDEO
    Burbank, Calif., January 22, 2013 – On May 21, Warner Home Video celebrates the 30th anniversary of National Lampoon’s Vacation, the uproarious comedy that launched the unforgettable “Vacation” franchise. National Lampoon's Vacation became a significant box-office hit when it debuted in 1983, and today, the comedy classic continues to be a favorite among movie critics and fans alike, enjoying a 94 percent “fresh” rating on rottentomatoes.com*. The 30th anniversary edition of National Lampoon's Vacation on Blu-ray Disc™ will include the A&E special, “Inside Story: National Lampoon's Vacation,” as well as an introduction by Chevy Chase, Randy Quaid and Matty Simmons, and commentary by Harold Ramis, Chevy Chase, Randy Quaid, Anthony Michael Hall, Dana Barron and Matty Simmons. Also on May 21, Vegas Vacation, the hilarious fourth film in the franchise, will debut on Blu-ray for the very first time. National Lampoon’s Vacation and Vegas Vacation will each have an SRP of $19.98 Orders for both are due April 16.

About National Lampoon’s Vacation (1983)
    Everything is planned, packed – and about to go hilariously wrong. The Griswolds are going on vacation. In the driver’s seat is Clark Griswold (Chevy Chase), an Everyman eager to share the open road and the wonders of family togetherness. Myriad mishaps, crude kin (Randy Quaid), encounters with a temptress (Christie Brinkley), financial woes, Aunt Edna (Imogene Coca) on the roof, one security guard (John Candy) and 2,460 miles later, it’s a wonder the Griswolds are together. There’s never been a family vacation like it. Except maybe yours. And that helps explain why “National Lampoon’s Vacation” remains so popular…and so very funny.
    Special Features:
    · A&E Special: “Inside Story: National Lampoon's Vacation”
    · Introduction by Chevy Chase, Randy Quaid and Matty Simmons
    · Commentary by Harold Ramis, Chevy Chase, Randy Quaid, Anthony Michael Hall, Dana Barron and Matty Simmons
    · Theatrical Trailer
    About Vegas Vacation (1997)
    The Griswold family hits the road again for a typically ill-fated vacation, this time to the glitzy mecca of slots and showgirls, Las Vegas. Starring Chevy Chase as Clark Griswold, Beverly D'Angelo as Ellen Griswold, Marisol Nichols as Audrey Griswold, Ethan Embry as Russell "Rusty" Griswold, and Randy Quaid as Cousin Eddie.
    Special Features:
    · Theatrical trailer

Order Info:
    National Lampoon’s Vacation

Street Date: May 21, 2013
    Order Due Date: April 16, 2013
    Mat #: 1000367938
    UPC # :883929299034
    SRP $19.98
    Feature Running Time: 97 minutes
    Rated: R

Vegas Vacation

Street Date: May 21, 2013
    Order Due Date: April 16, 2013
    Mat #:1000367937
    UPC # : 883929299027
    SRP $19.98
    Feature Running Time: 93 minutes
    Rated: PG

Note: All enhanced content mentioned in this press release is subject to change.
    About Warner Home Video
    With operations in 90 international territories, Warner Home Video, a Warner Bros. Entertainment Company, commands the largest distribution infrastructure in the global video marketplace. Warner Home Video's film library is the largest of any studio, offering top quality new and vintage titles from the repertoires of Warner Bros. Pictures, Turner Entertainment, Castle Rock Entertainment, HBO Home Video and New Line Home Entertainment.

2. HarleyDog

HarleyDog Stunt Coordinator

Dennis Haney
    I'll be the first to say it - that cover for the original Vacation is the pits.

3. Persianimmortal

Persianimmortal Screenwriter

Koroush Ghazi
    Agreed. The original cover on Vacation wasn't very good, but it seems they found a way to make it even worse. What I want to know is if these are new transfers. I assume the first Vacation is just a reissue of the 2010 release with new extras.

4. Guest

I wish all of the original music was included.

5. Guest

I wish all of the original music was included.

6. Will*B

Will*B Supporting Actor

Will
    I know this is probably a minority opinion to say the least, but I absolutely love Vegas Vacation. It's not quite as good as the original, but I think it's better than Christmas and light-years ahead of European.
    I've been to The Mirage in Las Vegas several times over the years, and always think about this movie while I'm there. For me, it's part of a loose 90's 'Vegas Trilogy' - Showgirls, Vegas Vacation & Austin Powers. They take me back to the good old days, and remind me of my first trip to Vegas in '97.
    Looking forward to the BD, although it's a shame they couldn't dig up some special features.

7. Jeff F.

Jeff F. Stunt Coordinator

I hope the original "Vacation" is a new transfer. The BD released a few years ago was horrible. One of the worst cases of picture shimmering I've ever seen!